Dumaguete Info Search

Visa Question Arrive At Airport for International flight with no Exit Visa?

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by KanoScott, Jan 17, 2014.

1. KanoScott

KanoScott DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Has anyone experienced what will happen if you show up at the airport without an Exit Visa? Will they charge you there and still allow you to board the plane?

2. ex231

ex231 DI Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 28
    I can't say for sure, but I just asked the lady at the BI office in Duma last week if you could get an exit clearance at the airport. She told me "No" .. so off to Cebu I go next week.

3. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    You may want to get some expert advice on this issue, someone with experience leaving the country without an exit clearance document in hand, like the governor of Palawan or many other politicians that are current residing abroad. He could have gone to Cebu and got one in about 4 hour at the BI offices,if he was not wanted for anything significant.

4. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I travel a lot. Got residence visa. Only show the ACR-I card and pay for ECC at the immigration office at the airport. Have never been any problem. Not sure if it's different for tourist visa.

5. Black Abbot

Black Abbot DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    not sure what you talk about, but a filipino citizen does not need a ECC, they pay travel tax at the airport
    for foreign nationals it depends on they type of visa

6. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    I would not chance my international flight on this for sure... Could end up messy and expensive...

For permanent residents, we just get our exit clearance at the airport - but I highly doubt it would work for tourists.

7. pfotoguy

pfotoguy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    Im wondering what would happen if you showed up at the airport with an emergency? someone dying in the family and you needed to leave immediately.

8. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    Just spoke with a friend that said he tried to exit without an e/c a few months ago and no matter how much he wanted to pay it was not going to happen without a valid e/c, apparently there are security cameras every where now

9. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    If you show up with no ECC and get away with it (as a tourist who has been here 6+ months) then please remember to come back here and post as the rest of us don't like going to BI and getting the damned ECC either, so we are all ears on how to get away without it.

10. ex231

ex231 DI Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 28
    I just got back from Cebu yesterday with my ECC the logic of which completely escapes me. Just 2 weeks ago when they squeezed 4550 pesos out of me for my extension it says right on the paper that I'm not on any wanted, hold, black list blah blah, so WHY must I travel to Cebu for an ECC which is essentially saying the same thing? What makes me a risk after 6 months? why not after 2, 4, or 5? A better question is WHY can I not get this hugely important document here in Dumaguete? Can't they access the database from here telling them if I'm a crook or not? And if they can't access it, then why not? It seems to work OK for visa extensions. It's not even the failure of logic here that really gets to me, it's the 10 hours on the bus and overnight in a hotel BECAUSE of a failure of logic that gets to me.
    I will test the BI chief's open door policy here when I return.