Dumaguete Info Search

Arriving in Manila and going to Dgte

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Roadwitch80, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Roadwitch80

Roadwitch80 DI Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 62
    So does anyone know what the quarantine timelines are when we arrive in Manila? I’ve heard conflicting reports about this. Do we need to quarantine ourselves in Manila for two weeks after arriving or do we do that in Dumaguete? Or do we do two weeks in Manila and another two weeks once we’ve arrived in Dumaguete?

I was advised that as long as your connecting flight to Dgte is on the same day as your arrival in Manila and you don’t leave the airport, then you can bypass the 2 week mandatory quarantine in Manila and just do the two week one in Dumaguete. How true is this?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,367 / 1,258
    My step son was tested on arrival in Manila and quarantined in a hotel until the results were known.
    Then he travelled to Dumagete for two weeks of quarantine.
    Unfortunately (?) his result in Dumagete was positive so he was sent to NOPH for isolation. After a week his next test was negative. He is now taking voluntary isolation at a hotel for two weeks to allay the fears of some family members.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    Altruism - now whatever happened to that? Great stepson you have.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. eskirvin

eskirvin DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Signal Planner
    Ratings:
    +410 / 50
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I feel for you that you have to travel during these times. It isn't easy. When my wife and I were attempting travel back to Kuwait, we thought she might have to go back home to Basay when we were in Manila due to a visa issue, which we luckily had enough money to resolve. We looked into it a bit and it sounded like my pregnant wife was facing a two week quarantine in Dumaguete at some government facility, so most likely there will be a quarantine or two of some sort. Best wishes.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    Roadwitch80

Roadwitch80 DI Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 62
    Quarantine in some government facility? If I may ask, was she positive for COVID? I was made to understand that we can book ourselves in accredited hotels in dgte while we wait for our results and that government facilities will only come into play if our test results are positive but don’t need immediate hospital care. I am really not keen on checking myself at some govt facility. I’ve seen and read about their facilities and the conditions leave much to be desired.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. eskirvin

eskirvin DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Signal Planner
    Ratings:
    +410 / 50
    Blood Type:
    A-
    No, she wasn't positive. We're sure of that after 4 PCR tests. The rules and regulations change so quickly, so please do dig further to find facts as ours might not fit your situation. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Not just that, the risk of getting infected at such a government facility seems a large multiple of what you'd be up against in a hotel.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. AussieBob

AussieBob DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 2
    Blood Type:
    O-
    A question. He tested positive, but was he sick with it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,367 / 1,258
    Yes. He had a high fever and body pain for a few days. His 7 co-workers had the same.
    He was okay after the initial symptoms passed.

10. Third_Times_A_Charm

Third_Times_A_Charm DI New Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +2 / 1
    I think False. The way I read it is that you have to hunker down in a Manila/Cebu approved COVID-19 lodge until you are either declared free to proceed or go straight to CV Jail. If cleared then you still have to do the 14 day quarantine in Dumaguete. If not, I feel sorry for you.

But I like your way better.

It is a lot more inconvenient and difficult to get back to your destination in the Philippines than it is to get out of it; which is the standard go here-there-back there paperwork nightmare. Do yo have your cedula?

PS From experience I speak. It is better to be locked down in the Philippines than it is to be locked out. Boohoo.

• Agree Agree x 1