Dumaguete Info Search

Arrogant |Disrespectful Children

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Jack Peterson, May 20, 2015.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :facepalm: What do you do when your 16 year old daughter tells you to FO

1. Grin and think OH! Bless she knows Swear words.
    2. Try and explain that it is not a nice thing to say to your Dad.
    3 Clip her round the Head and tell her not to say that in our House again.

JP:meh:

2. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Take away her smartphone and all the other goodies and ground her. Make her do chores for her food. After 2 days she will probably beg for forgiveness. Make it plain that bad language will not be tolerated, and the punishment will be reimposed if she swears again.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    It was because we had done this that started it all off, apparently I am too strict in that I don't like people about in the bedrooms, she complains about mess and ants and yet she continues to hold mini parties in her Room. Just can't win. If I apply discipline I am hard and Strict, if I don't then I am spoiling her! :frown:

JP :bag: :frown:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I would have went into Hulk Smash mode and started smashing cell phones, TVs, shoe collections, cloths and whooping some @ss with a belt. But that's just me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    In my opinion the best way to get through to kids (especially teenage girls) is to take their stuff and limit their privileges. Most important to them are friends, no friends coming over and you aren't going anywhere until your attitude changes. Best thing to take away are phones and computer, they are then pretty much cut off. School does not start until next month so very easy to make it hurt right now.

Shawn

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    We talked about this one before its an age thing, but 16 is getting to the age were she should be starting to change her attitude, i agree with all the above answers except hitting. shame her in front of her friends that hurts a lot. good luck

7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I told my dad to FO one time when I was 16. I never did that again. But, I wouldn't whip a daughter of that age, my post was in jest. Life certainly would be a living hell for her though. There are a whole lot of rocks around the house that need some painting with the smallest brush I could possibly find (and I probably would change my mind about the color once it was completed). Her social life would be finished for the foreseeable future. No cell phone, TV, music....I wouldn't even allow any flavorful food for enjoyment. Life would be as bland and boring as I could possibly make it. Begging for forgiveness and fully admitting what she said was wrong (without any of that Filipino face-saving side stepping) would be the only relief. But even with an apology and accepting wrong doing, a month would be the shortest punishment length.

Of course, if you use that language around the house you should probably take some time to reflect on what you are teaching your kids. :wink:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    I think given she is a girl and her age I would tell her: "You really hurt me. I do a lot for you and I care for you. I don't ask much in return but what I do ask is that you do not disrespect me, never talk to me that way, and come back by tonight and tell me what punishment you think you deserve for your unacceptable behavior".

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Here is one way to solve it, Texas style :-D

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    That guy is from North Carolina. :wink: