Dumaguete Info Search

ATM´s with high withdrawal limit

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by fundiver198, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fundiver198

fundiver198 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Does anyone know, if there are ATM´s in Dumaguete, where you can withdraw more than 5.000 peso in one transaction? Rhoody answered this before, but I can not find the old thread, and it might have interest for other people also.

Lars

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Depending with how much cash and which notes the Bank "feed" the ATM. normally you can get 10k at BPI and BDO. mostly the limit is on 20k a day at the ATM machines. depending on your CC-agreement with your bank you can withdraw more at the teller.

Here is the link to the old thread ATM in Dumaguete
    cheers

Rhoody

3. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Since I posted on the "old" thread, I'll add my dos centavos worth here as well. Rhoody gives good information on machine & daily limits. My experience mirrors his.

Be careful when you choose to withdraw cash. Monday AM at the ATM is the worst possible time as the machines may have run out of cash over the weekend and not have replenished in a timely fashion. Cudos to BDO and a raspberry to BPI on this point - see the following.

I would add an additional word of caution: keep your receipts! My most recent experience on a Monday AM at BPI yielded no cash and a receipt which reflected that. The transaction WAS, however, processed to my TD Canada Trust account in Ottawa in the twinkling of an eye. I'll get my money back eventually but that process is expedited considerably by having a receipt with the transaction / machine particulars.

4. Judelyn Jackson

Judelyn Jackson DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Metrobank is 30T limit a day. Dispersing 10T at a time.

5. tommytnf

tommytnf DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Click www.bpidirect.com and open a BPI Direct International ATM Account, even from overseas, and transfer into it the approximate amount you estimate to need when you are in the Philippines. Your daily ATM withdrawal limit is PHP 50,000 in one to nine (partial) withdrawals and you have no bank fees at all, both for your account and for all of your withdrawals. Thats a lot more convenient and cheaper than using overseas ATM cards charging huge fees for every ATM withdrawal.

6. tommytnf

tommytnf DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I forgot to mention: all BPI ATMs in Dumaguete allow you to withdraw with this card up to 20,000p in one shot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.