Dumaguete Info Search

AtoZ maps ( would it be so difficult?)

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Jack Peterson, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :jawdrop: A Strange and seldom happening was had here in Junob over the last hour. "The Postman" came!
    I am putting this here as I did not want to muddy slidegears Thread as it sounds as he may have his hands full just now but a thought came to me when the postman said I did not know where this Purok was I have been looking for 2 days. OK so we know that the maps for Dumaguete have many street names missing, That to me would be the easy one to address ( Pun- intended) but How hard would it be for someone with the the nous and time to produce a map of the Puroks in the Barangays of the City and Surrounding Areas. Non of the Puroks (or few have any actual Road names but if people know where the Purok or Sub Division is we Might LOL might:roflmao: Start to get mail and other deliveries instead of having to write down a Detailed Scrap map for those that need it.
    Just a thought but it is something that is sadly missing here and I have had late, late comers for Dinners etc because of the lack of information. When we send out invitations we put a map on the Back but that is just us
    Good Idea I thought, for someone to have a little business that is yet untapped.
    Google maps show many of the Subdivisions but not the Puroks.
    If I drove then I would I think at least have a go but I tend to think it is a team job but never the less the End Product could be Marketed

What think you all.?

JP:whistling:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. slidegear

slidegear DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer

manufacturer
    Ratings:
    +33 / 6
    Great idea! I've been looking around for a map of Dimaguete for some time now.
    This sounds like an opportunity to crowd source some information which the DI users or in fact anybody could use.
    A resource as you suggest would be a definite draw to this site.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It already exists. It isn't perfect but it has most of the major Barangays/Puroks on it. I have it somewhere in my bookmarks. Getting ready to run in town to smoke test/register two bikes that are overdue right now though. I'll try to find it and post when I am finished.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It does have all the barangays on the map but for some reason the picture cannot be downloaded, linked or shared from where it is located. I'll take a screenshot when I get home and make a nice layover for Google maps with Photoshop. (The quality is quite shitty on the original anyways and needs an update.)

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I only put one together for Dumaguete but it seems to have all the barangays there. The 8 numbered barangays in downtown I didn't section off. The map I was going off of was not high enough resolution for that. This won't be perfect but it should give you a better understanding of where the barangays are.
    Note: you can click on the image and it will get slightly larger.

barangaymap.png

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  6. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Brilliant, at least this gives us a Start :finger:

7. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'm afraid you are going to be SOL with finding a map of the different Puroks within the those Barangays. You would need an very high resolution map of Dumaguete to get all those to fit in there anyways. The file size would be massive.

8. Pinoy Photog

Pinoy Photog DI New Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +7 / 2
    Clearly you have not lived here long enough, you need to let go of your Western thinking and roll with the natives. Who cares if they're late for dinner, they all love cold food any way.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Clearly you assume to much My friend, I have been here long enough to not worry about Their Times for eating. I certainly have been here long enough to have had Important papers delayed in an Archaic Postal System at Cost to me, When I am told we did not know where you were. with an already 2/3 month Delay, Also I have been here long enough to get fed up with Paying out for men Standing scratching their Wossits because Drivers don't know where they are going and have no clue of time when Delivering materials and such and we all know it is about Money.
    Time, is the most Costly Item in our World, here or in the West something we can't recover, I presume, you read the whole Thread Start post to see the Dinner issue was a small Item. If I were to roll ( As most of us) totally with the natives, They wouldn't be getting our Business. Would they?

So to me a map would be handy!

10. tlrtraveler

tlrtraveler DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +217 / 47
    If you still need to smoke test the bikes, try the facility near the Triple B Bikers bar, south of Hayahay about a km, before the Coastal Inn short time hotel. they are never busy and surprisingly pleasant and competent. Problem solvers, not creators! Refreshing!