Dumaguete Info Search

Attn: Dane

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Paul, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul

Paul DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +57 / 12
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Greetings:

My apologies in advance, if this should have been posted elsewhere.

I notice I have one PM in my inbox from the "Dane", but my PM ability has been disabled. Is this something that happens after a length of time, or if you do not post often enough?

Anyway, if possible, please let me know how this feature may be enabled.

I realize I don't visit this site often, but I do support it and provide a link to it from my own forums.

Thanks,

Paul

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Paul,

we needed to change some settings due to some spammers. below a certain amount of posts members can't send PM and are limited in certain functions.
    Some older members got "hit" by that changes. For PM its I think 10 posts. If you wanna send the Dane a mail please use thedane@dumagueteinfo.com.
    cheers and thanks

Rhoody

3. OP
    OP
    Paul

Paul DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +57 / 12
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Hi Rhoody,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I can understand that, as that was one reason I had PM'ed him, too. Another member, at that time, had SPAMMED me. I made a point to let him know. He banned the member.

I have a similar setting on my forums, as well. It certainly helps prevent SPAMMERs from joining, and then sending PM's to other members right away, attempting to make money from them.

In fact, a company in Manila, that wanted to advertise on my site, wanted to pay me to send an email to every member. I refused to do so, and lost the advertisement. I will not SPAM my own members, and will not allow others to do so either.

Excellent forum here, one I always recommend for others to visit who have an interest in Dumaguete City, where I lived in 2003.

Oh, I will contact Kim.

Thanks again,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.