Dumaguete Info Search

ATV tours?

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Bandit, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bandit

Bandit Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I read something about tours on ATVs in the greater Dgte area being run by an expat. Anyone have info on that?

2. Decon_phils

Decon_phils DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 2
    Valencia ???

:smile: :smile:
    Hi there Bandit.
    Driving Dmgte to Valencia ( the road which passes Lee Hypermarkt) Drive straight into Valencia and turn right at end of the road. Follow the road abt 4 km and you find at yr left a place called " Forest Camp" They have a dozen (or so) brand-new squads ( 4 wheel ofcourse) which are 4 rent (also under guidance) Check it out !!
    Regards
    Ryan (aka Decon_phils)

3. OP
    OP
    Bandit

Bandit Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cool. I've been to Forest Camp-I guess before the ATVs were there.

Oops, or maybe not, I don't remember getting to the place I was thinking of via the end of the road in Valencia. Hmm I'll have to think about how I got there now..

Last time I was in Valencia, the new cockpit was under construction and the road was getting new cement (without rerod..).

What brand are the quads? Chinese copies, or the good Japanese type?

The place I'm thinking of had stone (?) tables near a stream for eating etc

4. Decon_phils

Decon_phils DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 2
    Again Hi Bandit

Have been in Valencia last week. Roads are now cemented till abt 3 km north of Camp Forest. Easy ride. Take the road as per my earlier posting (see above)

Dont know the made of the Squads, but they are ( look) brandnew, and seem rather powerfull.

Think you visited the pools near the creek. Drive 300 meters upwards, and then on yr left you find Forest Camp ( there's a lot of confusion WHICH is Forest Camp) The second place is the one you need to go. Enter and look at your left>> there the quads are parked.
    Have a nice time there.
    By the way>> the park there is rather cute, the food is reasonable at good prices.
    Rgds
    Ryan ( Aka Decon_phils)

PS : Sent me your private mailaddy, and can submit you some pictures of the quads (including my dearest Asawa lol)

5. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Are QUAD BIKES allowed to be driven on the highway or within the city? Love to have one.:wink:

6. Decon_phils

Decon_phils DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 2
    Have seen some quads in Dmgte, but not sure if it needs special permits. Ask LTO for info . If you need contact with (high ranking) official there, just PM and you get a phonenumber
    Rgds
    Ryan (aka decon-phils)

7. OP
    OP
    Bandit

Bandit Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The tougher question is, can you get one into the country AND get paperwork for them? Last I knew they're not for sale NEW in PI.

8. Decon_phils

Decon_phils DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 2
    Hi Bandit
    Good questions on which i dont have a ready answer. Will talk my LTO-guy and ask around where squads are sold. Rather sure one can get it locally. Will keep you posted when i hv required info
    Rgds
    Ryan (Aka Decon-Phils)

9. john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    ATV Tours

I am pretty sure that the name of the Expat who runs the ATV Tours is Wayne.You'll run into Him if You hang around the front of "Why Not" long enough,or just look for the advertisements that He has posted on the bulletin board near the front entrance.He also has an advertisement on the side of the Mini-Van that He drives around....Hope this helps....John

10. john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    ATV Tours...

By the way,if You happen to see Him,You can't miss Him.Tall,heavy set Guy with a crew cut/flat top,and a high volume voice.Prior U.S. Special Forces..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.