Dumaguete Info Search

Australian Pension Rise 2017

Discussion in 'Banking - Investing - Finances' started by Brian Oinks, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Not sure about others here; but my updates (Snail-Mail) from Aussie Centrelink has stopped arriving to my local Post Office like they did before, so here's an update on the upcoming Pension Rise. This is for the Aged Pension and I could not find any information on Disability or other Pensions, but at least September 20th is the next rise expected.

Speaking to a friend today, the rise will buy approximately 1x Bottle of Coke back in Oz, or approximately 4x Bottles of Coke here, so looking at the "Glass Half Full" principal I guess we are faring better than our mates back home. :wink:

Age Pension: September 2017 rates (until March 2018)

Attached Files:

2. artpepper88

artpepper88 DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +98 / 43
    Hi Mr Oinks, thanks for posting the info - do these rates take in to account the 26 week rule?

3. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    G'Day mate, you receive one payment each month then later in the year you receive two payments in one month as the 26 fortnight rate catches up, meaning then payments will be received at the end of the month until the following year when payments creep back down the ladder.

Currently we receive at the beginning of the month, next month we receive a payment both at the beginning of the month then again at the end of the month to catch up 4 weeks later, then in November & December the date of payment is at the end of the month and so on until it creeps back down to the beginning of the month towards the end of 2018.We should also receive the later payment in December earlier than the date we would normally receive it due to Christmas, so Centrelink is good in that respect.

Also the Rates we receive here are the basic, no extra for Medical/ Medicines/ Utility Bills or Rent Assistance etc... Also if you are married to a Filipina here you do not receive any payments for her, however if you have a child and lodge for Australian Citizenship for your child, and are caring for your child, then as I understand it you *may* receive extra assistance to care for your child. This is what I have been told, however this information may need further verification...

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017