Dumaguete Info Search

Australian surfer bashed on Siargao Island by angry mob

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Kym, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Kym

Kym DI Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 1
    Blood Type:
    O-
    This story made it around the world this week. I used to live on Siargao island and have been messaged by a buddy who the protagonists were. The surfer himself though appears no angel and seemed to upset the local surf competition. He received justice Pinoy style - 6 angry surfers beat him up with wooden clubs

Philippines' negative image - new cases

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    He was surfing in the competition area after he had finished competing and was told to move out of the area several times by officials (and was disqualified last year for doing the same thing). I've read elsewhere that he got his @ss whooped in Hawaii by the locals for the same antics. I think he needs to learn to respect the locals and the rules of the competitions he attends. Also, 6 locals with clubs and bottles fighting in the water and he walks away with a few bruises and cuts and a broken surfboard? If they wanted him dead he would have been dead, they were just trying to teach the punk a lesson. He is playing the victim on his FB page and seems to be pretty thick on why he got that beating though so I doubt he got that message.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1