Dumaguete Info Search

Bacong house on Islands Properties….

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by garbonzo, Mar 27, 2014.

1. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Anyone know whose house this is in Bacong….and why they are selling? It personally ticks a lot of my boxes…although the price is more Luzon than Negros…LOL…I could do that well in Ayala North Point…Bacolod.....my wife would be far harder to convince….considering we own a large lot near Bacolod (across the street from North Point in another 'prestige' subdivision…. to build on)…so I'm curious what the story is - so I can relate it to her sedately and peacefully. I personally would prefer Dumaguete…but she's pretty firm on Bacolod…and I could handle that too….I like it there it there but many relatives and friends….massive potential for getting uncomfortable….
    Frankly the house is very similar to what we have here in Oz….the house design very close..….although the lot is twice the size….
    Just curious if there is a story behind it….as in broken into three times this year - and the owner said F that…and moved to his home country…..or sadly woke up dead with his throat slit and his valuables gone…..almost forgot…the maid tied up….

Just curious….and those on this forum would know…..

Beautiful House With Pool for Sale (Code: RH-5088) - Bacong, Negros Oriental, Philippines

2. Masculado

Masculado DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    i know the location of the house and i know the owner, the reason they are selling it is they are back in new zealand. if your interested you can call me 09158032409

3. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    You might check the price without the Hyundai Tucson.

4. OP
    OP
    garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Masculado, a PM to you doesn't work (maybe a realtor?). Anyway, why are they back in NZ? Haven't generated a huge amount of enthusiasm from my wife…but even she likes the design (much the same as ours here) and land size which is much bigger and would do what we want for gardening, trees, etc...….Do you have a phone number in NZ for the owner?

5. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Wow nice house but......£188,000 in Negros ?
    A couple of months ago it would of been over £200 000 with exchange rate at 63/64 to the pound!

6. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Such a big house and yet such a weak BBQ'er in the back. Haha. Priorities are all wrong there.

Then they have a big "sala" with the sofa's / chairs all huddled together around the T.V. Hell with that, it makes the T.V. look like it's the most important thing in the house. That would be the first to go.

Why buy a house here? Especially for that much? People usually come here because of cheaper cost of living and simplicity.

Don't get me wrong, do whatever you want! You earned it!

But still, is that a good financial decision?

7. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    TheDude, I think you are right about buying a house here, if you expect to get a return on your investment or if you think you can sell it fast. I had a house built here knowing this and thought about selling it once to move closer to Siliman schools and never had one person come look at the house or make an offer. So if you do buy you should probably expect your investment is permanent.
    Also, a good friend sold a house on another Island and moved here and rented instead of buying another place in case his marriage did not work out. Turns out that was a very insightful decision.

8. baltoed

baltoed DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +18 / 6
    I have been in the house. I dont know what your looking at so I dont know what you see. But the front lawn is being almost hand manucured for now and it seems to have 2 raised putting greens on it. Agreed its over built (priced) for here. There is an out building for helpers and laundry..the water pressure was fantastic..their own pump.. the pool is sizable and there is also a dog run caged section that might not show online..Two of the small bedrooms share a bath much like a Jack and Jill unit for children.. its off a dirt road ..the same one I live off of..*LOL*