Dumaguete Info Search

Bad/Dirty Fuel

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Rye83, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Filled up my bike (first owner, bought new last year, less than 6k km, properly maintained, no issues until now) at Total Gas Station, just down the hill from Valencia proper, and it started spitting, puttering and unable to idle after a couple kilometers. I'm not 100% sure it is bad/dirty fuel just yet but I am highly suspicious this is the issue. Careful filling up there. If anyone else has had issues I would be interested in hearing it.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I have a friend fill up a Gas Can for using on his Lawn Mower and the Mower failed after a short time, he got to thinking it may be the fuel as there was very little smell from it? he soaked a rag with it and tried setting that on fire but it would not light? he got this fuel from the other Gas Station in Valencia the one on the Bacong road just at the end of Smith Street.

• Informative Informative x 4
  3. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Well it wasn't a fuel problem. It seems to be some sort of sensor problem. A local mechanic got it running temporarily, Yamaha will need to have a go at it for a more long term fix.

4. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    On a similar note there is a new Foreigner in Valencia named Marco that intends to start up a Mechanics workshop mostly for Cars I guess, he is waiting on his diagnostic equipment arriving from Germany he was trained in a BMW workshop, seems to be a vey nice guy, he is not really new to here but before he only did short term visits he has a wife and 3 children here plus 2 Coos, but now he is here for the long term,

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    After taking the bike to Yamaha they said there was probably some water in the petrol that ruined the spark plug and cap/cup (not sure what they are calling it locally) to get covered in soot. Drained the tank, replaced the fuel, plug and cap and cleaned everything else up and it was running fine. The bike is 2 years old so maybe just general maintenance and the fuel was just a coincidence.

P350 for labor (2-3 hours).
    P490 for plug cap assembly.
    P20 for a missing plastic rivet.
    P320 for new fuel.