Dumaguete Info Search

Bambulo

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Rye83, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I just went to their website and they say that they will be temporarily closed starting November 1. It does not give a date for when this "temporary" closing will end. Anyone have any information on this?

http://bambulo.com/

2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I was just at Bambulo and they say they are closing at the end of this month so go now or miss out.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Although I am a neighbor of Bambulo Resort and have some of my neighbors who work there, and even spoke to the owner the situation is foggy. Seems like they are closing and putting Bambulo up for sale (information from owner) . The temporary closing could last for a year (information from accounting involved people). Not much information but there really do not seem to be many facts, and there is no reason to start rumors.

I loved the place because I could go to dinner during the week and be almost totally by myself... which may be why they closed. They had a very clean and well operated resort with not much of following. There were people there most of the time but not enough to justify the
    cost in my opinion. They are a multitude of reason why a place could close that I will not speculate on. The Owner and the family were good people I am very sorry to see them close.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    WTF is happening here? The last thing we need is people leaving.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Cletus

Cletus DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +357 / 107
    Money, or lack of money is almost always the reason these things happen. I do not know this place or the owners but I have been in similar position before and it is hard to do something like closing your place of business for any reason. I wish them well and hope things turn out well for them.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Cletus

Cletus DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +357 / 107
    What is the location of Bambulo Resort?

7. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Bacong-Valencia Road. If you are going up to Valencia it is on the right just past the bridge.

8. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Bambulo Resort is a great place to go during the week, as you will most likely only be eating by yourself with the owners at another table. If you like serene environment with large pools, fountains, and waterfall better attend this last week. Their pizza is good, at about 200 to 280 P. Their drinks and foods have been discount, although I do not remember how much. It is worth a visit... the pool is open till about 9, when they chlorinate it each night. They do require wearing swimming trunks, so bring your own or rent theirs ... uck... no shorts and T shirt for the ladies.... they never said anying about nudity but I think that it out except unique situations... like IMP when he swims... no suit for him.
    I asked a few days if they wanted me to post anything and they did not express much interest. The Holloween party had about 150 people, required advanced tickets, and only had a small sign at Bambulo, as if they only wanted to thank the loyal customers, with little outside publicity. It was great little party with a mixed crowd of expats and natives.
    The distance up the Bacong-Valencia road is about 1.5 K. from the highway by the park with the concrete fish (whale?).

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    I assume the moderator edit was because an unconfirmed price was associated with the post. Is that the reason?

10. baltoed

baltoed DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +18 / 6
    Is there contact info available? One way of finding out for sure is try to get an asking price for the location. As the owner is a foreigner the price quoted will tell you if he is serious to move it or not. Everything here is of course for sale. The absurdity of the amount can usually tell you the seriousness of the gesture.

• Agree Agree x 1