Dumaguete Info Search

Barking dogs (Was Dgte City Bylaws)

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Edward K, Jan 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    I thought I'd restart this thread to see if there are any new developments or new suggestions. Our neighbor solved the problem of his 3 bored, untrained yappy dogs (one is a real whiner, all hours, etc etc) by 6 months ago building their pen/house 40 meters away from his house on his back wall, which unfortunately is two meters from our bedroom window over the back wall. This guy is also Australian (see Alex comment on old thread). What is it with Australians and yappy dogs, they can't all have grown up 500 kilometers from the next station?? Any suggestions on noise abatement ??? This is a great place in northern dumaguete and i'd hate to move. Remember the subject is yappy dogs, not Australians. I know, why mention it then, because i'm annoyed and awake.

2. OP
    OP
    Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    ok, i regret saying that and i apologize to Australians, and it's over the limit to edit the original. I will agree that Australians are a boisterous lot generally, but there are no more inconsiderate Australians than any other group of ex-pats. But i've still got my barking neighbors...

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    A couple bars of chocolate may help.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. knobhead

knobhead The Knobster Infamous

Retired Knobhead Engineer
    Ratings:
    +268 / 23
    chocolate flavored exlax. then maybe an adult dosage of blood thinner meds mixed in

5. WATSISNAME

WATSISNAME DI Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 100
    Have you talked to him and explained the prob?..... most people, aussies or others will listen and try to work out a solution...If its the same situation after talking drastic measures (like harm to the dogs) would be considered by me.....
    I had same situation here with a local, went and seen them and problem solved....just sayin.........

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    One of the things that makes me think of a sound-proof bedroom because I can't sleep with headphones on. Talk to them and good luck.

7. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    i have the same problem a 30p pair of ear plugs did the trick at night day can be a problem lol

8. rbrown

rbrown DI Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 8
    Same problem here....the wife says they keep the dogs as an alarm system for people trying to steal their "game birds". I asked why does the "alarm" have to go off all the time when no one is trying to steal their obnoxious "game birds"? The treatment/living conditions of most dogs by locals is borderline criminal.

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Nothing should touch my body at night except the sheets :hilarious: strangely, I can sleep beside a snoring person!?:cat:
    I love dogs so it doesn't bother me during the day but I can't stand the noise in the malls so that's where I use the headphones.

10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I don't think he cares about the barking dogs or their owners in Manila much....just the ones within earshot. :wink:

• Like Like x 1