Dumaguete Info Search

Bayawan Bayawan ACE Hospital

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by Dr. Shiva, May 3, 2017.

1. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Bayawan seems to get a new ACE (Allied Care Experts) hospital. Does someone know the quality of that organization?

2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    That's the same company who are building ACE Dumaguete Doctors in Daro and that building is going very well. Looks to be professionally built so I have high hopes. But still a couple/few years away from taking care of patients. I do know one expat who bought shares in that hospital in exchange for preferential care when it is built. Would that be why you are asking? If so, it does not look to be one of the scams that proliferate in the hospital building business of the Philippines.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Dr. Shiva

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    There was possible to buy shares?

No. I asked because Bayawan is a possible city for my retirement. That city is on street view looking incredibly clean. The beach at the boulevard looks nice. Not too much traffic in the city. Not being overcrowded. And if there is a good hospital then this will be another good point.

I'm wondering where exactly in Bayawan that hospital is. Though that it is at the boulevard. But the streetlights there looks very different.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: May 3, 2017
  4. SunSea

SunSea DI New Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    IMHO, after several overnight visits over several years, i say: Not really so clean, especially the beach. I live in Siaton the main town exactly half way btwn Duma and Bayawan (50 K marker). Happy to provide opinions to you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2017
  5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Yours or those you have Heard :hmmm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Dr. Shiva

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Interesting. I found out that the ACE hospital in Bayawan was a hotel (IBC) in the past. Google Maps still shows it as a hotel. Quite confusing.

7. starreggie

starreggie DI Junior Member

Web Designer
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Please read about the flood that happened 3-4 years ago if you are planning to retire in Bayawan as it is bordered by two rivers, you read more details here.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  8. OP
    OP
    Dr. Shiva

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Thank you for the infos. Did they learned something out of the flood? (Like cleaning, widening, dredging the river beds and building river dikes?)

Reminds me of the Tanjay flood several years earlier. The seawall was failing terribly from the high flood from the sea and the Tanjay river also was going high. Bgry. 3 and 4 was up to 1 meter under water. The result from the flood was, that they did constructed a much better seawall combined with a nice boulevard.

9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Submit an update to Google maps then. Google can't possibly keep track of every single business marked on their maps by themselves. :wink:

10. OP
    OP
    Dr. Shiva

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    I did submitted several stuff for changing several weeks and months ago and these stuff are still not changed.