Dumaguete Info Search

BDO IQ Test

Discussion in 'Banking - Investing - Finances' started by charlyB, Feb 18, 2016.

1. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,101 / 333
    I wish that the BDO would introduce a short IQ test before issuing ATM cards, the main things to test would be the ability to find the card before standing in front of the ATM, stepping away from the ATM as soon as the transaction is over and of course the big one, remembering the PIN number.
    People who cannot pass should be limited to over the counter transactions only.
    The BDO has also not helped the ATM rage situation when it sometime ago thought it would be a good security measure to limit transactions to 10,000 instead of 25,000, i cannot understand why this can be a security measure as you can still take 10,000 x 5 times in one day, therefore any self respecting scumbag who has your card and PIN or you at gun / knife point can take 50,000 anyway. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Are you sure? With my ATM card (from a different local bank) I can only get 2 withdrawals in 24 hours.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,101 / 333
    I have never tried 5 times as yet, only 2 times but one of the girls in the bank said it can be done 5 times.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Jackhammer

Jackhammer One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    And you can obviously believe what they say.

5. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I agree, there is nothing worse than standing behind someone whom cannot even take instructions from a machine on how to use it. They always ask for a balance, when they could have kept the balance slip from the previous transaction. Then they find there are not enough funds and proceed to look for another card. And these same people are allowed to vote.
    money-banking-atm_machine-automated_teller_machine-bank_machines-cash-dispenser-jcen469_low.jpg

6. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Tell her to stop bragging.:rolleyes:

7. robert k

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I really wonder about the people with 4 or 5 cards, sometimes. Obviously they are conducting some serious business.

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  8. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    My take on this is the p10,000 or p20,000 whatever is the transaction limit for a particular card/machine and the 2 or 5 whatever withdrawals are based on how much of your daily limit you have received previously. There may also be an 'x' amount of withdrawals limit at some banks (they make their own rules) but I have never ran into that.

9. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 1,261
    Some of the people with multiple cards are money lenders.
    The borrower gives them their ATM cards so the lender can get their money back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. robert k

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Must be lots of young female money lenders then.

• Agree Agree x 1