Dumaguete Info Search

Be aware of gasoline thieves @Red Rock Hot Spring, Palinpinon, Valencia

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by RR_biker, Apr 11, 2018.

1. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    As a frequent weekly visitor of this place I love to go there on my bike to enjoy the pleasant ride via San Antonio and then enjoy the relaxed staying in the hot spring for about 45 min. which seems more than enough in thermal water.

Before leaving home yesterday, I made a stop @a gasoline station to fill up full to make sure I could make it up and down. On my way back home the engine all the sudden did not react on the throttle and finally stopped. I had a look on my fuel meter and guess what.....empty. WTF some @ss hole drained my whole tank about 4 litres. Is not the money that is involved but running out of gasoline in the middle of nowhere is no fun. I was lucky I choose the San Antonio road which is almost downhill all the way to the highway. Just the last few hundred meters I had to walk. But still no gasonline as the nearest station is Caltex next to the municipality hall of Sibulan. Have to make some arrangements with someone to get gasoline in a jerrycan and going back to my motorbike where I left it (was still there). put the gasoline in the tank and, engine did not start. It turns out that the gasoline hose was disconnected so that no fuel could get into the carburettor. I was unable to fix it so finally we tow the motorbike home and called for a mechanic.
    Next week I will go to Red Rock hot spring again and inform the owners or the people running that place to take remedial action.

• Informative Informative x 8
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018