Dumaguete Info Search

Beach lot Price tag

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by La Maison dans le ciel, Sep 20, 2010.

1. La Maison dans le ciel

La Maison dans le ciel DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    5 years ago the beach lot in Dauin until Zamboanguita was 400-500pesos per sqm. Now, its 2000-2,500/sqm., i went to checked more or less 10 properties for sale but still, i find it too expensive!
    Does anyone can enlighten my frustration? how much the price of beach lot can go in Dauin-Zamboanguita even if the nature is taking the part of your frontage lot.

needs your input please...

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Such Is Life!

:eek: La M. it is called, Supply, Demand and Greed. The PI may be to the world 3rd World BUT they are learning the 2nd and 1st world ways! :rolleyes:

Jack P.:smile:

3. WHEELJACK

WHEELJACK DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    La Maison, that was 5 or 6 years ago, many resorts have already been constructed in the area, thats the price of development, you can't do anything about it. If its too expensive for you then don't bother to buy in that area, your frustration could kill you, i heard Siaton has a cheaper beach lot for sale, even Zamboanguita has still cheap beach lots for sale

4. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    5 years ago I bought a big beachlot here in Zamboanguita after having looked to 23 lots from between Zamboanguita and Siaton till Bacong.
    Prices for a big lot then were about:
    -in Siaton: 400 Php/m2
    -in Zambianguita: 600 till 700 /m2
    -in Dauin: 1000 m2
    When you come closer to Dumaguete you of course pay more (although the beaches are less nice !!).
    If you buy a small lot you pay more per m2.
    If you buy with or without a right of way, with near electricity, etc etc ....it all makes a difference.
    Yes, you can wait longer because prices are increasing (still), but then likely you will never buy :wink:
    I at least don't regret to have bought THEN :D

5. OP
    OP
    La Maison dans le ciel

La Maison dans le ciel DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thanks for the above input very interesting!
    @jellyfish, i would like to see a 1,000pesos /m2 in Dauin. do you know any beach lot sells that price? i would appreciate if you can PM for further details. cheers!

6. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Jellyfish, I would also like to have a look at beach front lots in Dauin for p1K per sq mtr. I find it difficult to believe the price would be so low unless there would be some funky access or right away situation. Last month I looked at a Bacong beach front 1k sq mtr at p2.5k per sq mtr. The lot was on a public access road to a sandy beach; however, the lot was long and rather narrow on the beach front, not sure the exacts or if it is still available. I talked to a guy last week that paid p6k per sq mtr for beach front in Dauin, although he admits he may have paid a premium. I also looked at a two adjoining lots in Dauin a block from the beach, no view, one was 1.8k per sq mtr the other 1.5k per sq mtr so finding beach front for 1k per sq mtr would be a real steal that I would like find!

7. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Then, as in the past...

Guys he did say "then" the lots were going for 1000 m2. If it is still 1000 m2 there would be no more available I trust unless there was a major problem.

8. PatO

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Good catch Pedro. So it would be interesting for many to glean what area beach front properties are going for presently, if members are willing to share that info. My Bacong lot for sale update is only a month old so hopefully that sets a starting point.

9. PatO

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Addendum - correction, not my personal Bacong lot for sale, the one I saw for p2.5k per sq mtr. Btw, it is 1K sq mtr lot so p2,500,000. The house design would have to address a narrow lot with the entrance door facing the north, not the beach.

10. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Pe
    Pedro, thanks for having answered already.
    Indeed....that was 5 years ago !
    But I will ask my friends in Dauin/Mayongtubig what they had payed for their beachlot. But that was not bought yesterday by 1 year ago I believe.
    But you see how rare a still available beachlot is becoming in our area.
    So the prices are rocketing as usual in such a situation.