Dumaguete Info Search

Beetroot

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by brian ausie, Apr 24, 2013.

1. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    Has anyone seen Beetroot on the shelves here canned or whole? I miss it like hell

2. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    NO m8 i tried growing here once to hot i guess, you can beat a egg but you carnt beat a root

3. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I've seen in a tin can once. I think it was in Robinson's import section. But could have been anywhere else too.

4. nice_sherwood

nice_sherwood DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    @brian Aussie- you got the same problem with my husband, his been craving for beetroot and we've looked everywhere, robinson's import section, hypermart, lee plaza even asked Gunther the owner of Casablanca because his been dying to have one in either his salad or burger. :-(. If anyone is lucky to find a canned beetroot, give us a yell! LOL

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Have you tried looking for "beet(s)"? Remember they use American English here. Aussie friend here asked me if I've ever tried beetroot, I thought no but turns out I have had it, you aussies just add the second name to call it what everyone knows beets to be and use it in different ways than the US. (Do you call potatoes potatoeroots?)

Up in Angeles and olongapo it is found very easily. I had my first beet(root) on a burger a couple months ago and loved it.....even though I was appalled at the idea at first. Tried some vegimite for the first time too and thought it was world's better than mermite.

6. nice_sherwood

nice_sherwood DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Glad you like Vegemite, my dad didn't, my husband brought those "toothpaste like" Vegemite packet then the maids put it in the bathroom thinking its was a toothpaste so my dad brushed his teeth with it then he came out of out the bathroom and said, " that new toothpaste you bought really sucks, it doesn't lather up and it's black! I like the minty taste ones" I couldn't exactly get which toothpaste he meant until it was my turn to brush my teeth and I was horrified that he used Vegemite for brushing his teeth! My husband was giggling and said not to tell him because he might get upset then thr next day, he caught me putting it on top of my butterEd toast and said "I didn't know you can eat a toothpaste, that's cool!" I had no choice but to educate him before he startS using it to something else!

7. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    vegemite is the only thing the maid wont help herself to

8. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    They call the beetroots sugarbeets here in the market in Baguio...

9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I thought sugar beets were the raw form of beets(beetroot). Beets are the pickled form of sugar beets.

10. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Where do you buy vegimite here?