Dumaguete Info Search

Suggestion Being aware

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Notmyrealname, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    With the focus on Covid, people need to be aware of other health issues. Often when I come across something I need to be more aware of I copy it (then file it away and lose it!).

Today I read an article on pancreatic cancer - a disease that has to be caught early on for a chance of treatment. As many of us are in the high risk age-group I have posted some information below:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...eeking-help-pancreatic-cancer-poll-shows.html

• A 'worrying' number of people hold off seeking any help for pancreatic cancer
    • A UK poll revealed that 28 per cent of people wait three months before seeking help
    • Charity Pancreatic Cancer UK warned 'there is no time to wait' with the disease (More than 10,000 people are diagnosed with the disease in the UK each year but early detection gives people better odds of survival)
    Pancreatic Cancer UK said that anyone with common symptoms of the disease – including back pain, indigestion, stomach pain and weight loss – should see a GP if issues persist for more than four weeks.

Anyone with jaundice – yellowing of the skin or eyes – should go to A&E immediately.

Thousands of people a year are told it’s too late, that nothing can be done for them. It is vital that people are diagnosed as early as possible to give them the best chance of having life-saving treatment.

Most cases (90 per cent) are in people over the age of 55. Around half of all new cases occur in people aged 75 or older."

[Please note that the symptoms can be caused by other health issues and do not signify the person has pancreatic cancer - but it is really important to be sure]

PANCREATIC CANCER.png

• Informative Informative x 8