Dumaguete Info Search

Belated Introduction

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by redhorse, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redhorse

redhorse DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +269 / 62
    Hello Everyone!

Sorry for the belated intro, actually signed up last year but have never posted.

First, let me say thanks to those who operate the website and everyone who makes it such a great resource!

About us (me & asawa)

I'm originally from NJ, now live in PA in USA. I lived/attended school in the Phils (Valenzuela, Bulacan, north of Manila) for four years back in the 80's, where I met & married my wife. We'll be married 22 years this June.

My wife grew up in Negros, with family in both Occidental & Oriental provinces, but now mostly in Pagatban, on the far side (but still part of) Bayawan.

Although as mentioned have lived in the Philippines for four years, I've only been to Dumaguete twice. Once back in the 80's when my wife was pregnant with our son, but it was a rush trip and we only had a few days. We were back last year for most of May and a bit of June, and really had a great time. We spent a couple of days at Bethel on the way in, almost three weeks in Bayawan, then a few days at El Dorado on the way back before heading back to Manila/home. Took our now 21 year old son to 'Why Not' a couple of times, which he thouroughly enjoyed :smile:

We marvelled at the growth of Dumaguete and also Bayawan, and the improvement in the road between the two. I think it took us almost three hours for the trip back in the day, much faster now.

Anyway, we're in the prelim stages of seriously looking at retirement here, probably still a couple of years off, but hey, you never know. Will hopefully be back on a yearly basis now to visit, and to meet some of the regulars in person.

2. muddyfeet

muddyfeet DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Welcome

Welcome to the forum,

Be advised there is another forum member RHB that used to be a frequent poster but I think he went back to US, not sure.

You will enjoy the forum and it is very informative.

3. OP
    OP
    redhorse

redhorse DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +269 / 62
    Thanks!

Thanks! I was actually a little surprised the name 'redhorse' was available, thought I might have to be 'pulangkabayo'. But wife worried it sounded too NPA :smile:

4. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Redhorse, very welcome to the forum.
    There are a lot of members here who would like to have a cool drink with you when you're back again.
    I only guess most of them will take a SMB i.s.o. a Redhorse:wink:

5. OP
    OP
    redhorse

redhorse DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +269 / 62
    Looking forward to it!

Thanks jellyfish, looking forward to it!

BTW, we didn't know you were a partner in it at the time, but we passed by the entrance to Apo Vista on the to/from Bayawan when we were here, very nice looking from the outside. Great concept you have there!

6. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Thanks for the compliment. But I agree ....it IS a very nice concept.
    Next time drop in while on your way to Dgt. coming from Bayawan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.