Dumaguete Info Search

Vehicles & Servicing "Best" Dealer of Honda Motorcycles?

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by AlwaysRt, Jan 25, 2017.

1. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Will be buying a Honda motorcycle soon, what is the "best" dealer to buy from? I suppose since there is not much difference in the sales price/process so I suppose I am really asking which dealer has the best service department since the first year of maintenance service is included in the price. The Honda Dealer, one of the GUD offices...?

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    A good Friend went to DUek Sam and has nothing bad to say at all

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Regarding my own perception since I bought a couple of brand new motorbikes both Yamaha and Honda, so no opinion about Kawasaki and Suzuki. Since you have decided it will be an Honda I can confirm that the after sales service in terms of maintenance/check up the Duek Sam branch near Cang performs @their best. The mechanic guys are very good skilled and trained enabling to do an excellent job a customer will be satisfied about. The working area is clean & organized. like I was always used to experience form the top 4 Japanese made motorbike dealers in my home country. One point to take into consideration, if you don't mind waiting for the final plate of your motorbike up till 3 years, go for it. Should you prefer a more speedy release of it, the Yamaha dealer in town going to the Ceres bus terminal could be a better option.Their after sales service and more can be compared with the afore mentioned Duek Sam branch.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    I looked at both Honda and Yamaha about 5 1/2 years ago. For me at that time the Yamaha 125 YBR was the best choice due to the size of the frame. The Yamaha dealer, on the way to Ceres, is good, particularly when you get to know the parts and repair people. The prices of Yamaha and Honda were compariable at that time.

I also looked at the Hondas, and their 125 XM bikes was a little small for me, Honda now has 125 XMR bikes which are bigger frames. They also have larger bikes up to 200 cc. in that semi-motocross configuration.

My thoughts at the time, was that soon or later I was going to be forced off road, and I wanted a bike that could handle the off road terrain. The new models of both Honda and Yamaha, seem to have taken a step toward being more off road, and may not be as comfortable as the less radical previous bike designs. You may want to look into a used Yamaha 125 YBR. There are generally around 35 to 40,000 P used. They are a very solid bike. if you are looking for a road/off road cross over bike primarily for on road, it is a good choice. You should focus on buying from a foreigner, because they have a better maintenance program than most Filipinos do. Used bikes from dealers are almost full price so you have to go to a private individual for a decent price. There will be a process of registration, the guy across from Cangs that has the smog place, Ernie, may be able to help you on that issue. .

In my research 5 years ago I got the impression that Duek a Sam was the main dealer in town, with possibly other smaller dealers buying their bikes from DaS. I did find at that time the DaS was about 3,000 to 5,000 P less than the other Honda sellors.

This information is about 5 years old.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Just as a bit of added info, I decided the XR150L is the bike for me. Some may remember previous posts of mine about the need to climb the mountain above Valencia where it is steep and the pavement stops a few times and is rocky/powdered dirt when dry/washed out mud and ruts when rainy. I would prefer the CRF250L but I can buy almost 3 of the 150s for that price. A few mods like gearing, air filter, exhaust, handlebar w/riser, LED head and tail lights, and tires will have the XR150L working just fine for my needs.

• Like Like x 3
  6. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    The Honda XR150L is also the bike I am focussed on the moment I will say goodbye to my 6 year old YBR. So far I did not make the final step for 2 reasons, I am only using the YBR for fun rides so even after 6 years the total mileage I made is just 11.000km. Secondly Duek Sam does not trade in, so have to sell the YBR before I will buy the Honda.

7. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I did my first round of ATM withdrawals today. Going with the opposite strategy, buy the new bike then sell the Rouser.

8. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    I sold lmy 7-year old Honda XRM to replace it with the same, a new model, just because I could. The buyer, a trike driver acquiring it for family use, accompanied me to Du Ek Sam where we did the handover. The maintenance manager, who knew me well, facilitated the purchase of the new one. People told me I was selling the old one cheap, but I was more than pleased to get one-third the cost a a new one.

• Like Like x 4
  9. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    This caught my attention. Any idea why this dealer manages to get the license plates faster? Does his brother (uncle, cousin, etc.) issue the plates? I know things sometime work "magically", ahem, here in the Philippines. Can you, or would you, speculate? I bought a new scooter from GUD and was told two months. That has, of course, come and gone. When I asked for specifics, the lady who manages managed to be out of the office that day. Another surprise. At least..or they told me...that the temporary letters are now good for one week instead of two days, and they oh-so-graciously gave me three!

10. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I bought my Rouser 180 from GUD (south) last March, seems like it was 3-4 months before the paperwork came back - without a plate. Since I had the plate number I took a copy to a printer across from the old cathedral and had them make a plate for me. Never bothered to ask GUD if the "real" one came in. Don't know about other places but the printer I went to would not make a plate without a copy of the LTO paperwork.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1