Dumaguete Info Search

Best Dive Center in Siquijor

Discussion in '☋ Diving and Marine Life ☋' started by The Dane, Nov 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    I checked out both dive centers in Siquijor, and the dive center in Coco Grove Resort was by far the best, the dive center is part of the Sea Explorers chain and it was very well equipped.

The other dive center on Siquijor was in Kiwi Resort, and they only had a local freelance dive master commisioned who owuld only show up if they had dives booked. So there are nobody at hand to answer pre-sale questions unless you call ahead and set up an appointment.

Both centers had dive equipment for rent of course, I did not inspect the actual equipment in either place, but I am sure everything is ok in both.

Our next trip to Siquijor will include some diving, so we will stay at the Coco Grove resort and dive out from there with Sea Explorers. Coco Groove Resort is also a lot more upmarket than Kiwi Resort. When we stayed at Kiwi Resort we were the only ones staying there, we had more staff there than customers and still things were not up to our expectations.

2. Scubaholly

Scubaholly DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Add. Dive Ceters and Clubs now available

Hi there,

would like to inform you, that especially at the South, in the Municipal of San Juan are now alternate Divebases available! One is run by the local Hero Ta Ta Relacion (www.siquijordivesafari) and the other one is the "Aberration Dive Club" (www.hollyette.com), run by the german Holger "Scubaholly" Kloepper; CMAS 2** and PADI IDC Staff Instructor. Independent Diving is the main Goal of Holly: who"s still driving with his Drive instructor after receiving his licence?...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.