Dumaguete Info Search

Suggestion Best Eggs Benedict

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by PatO, Jun 30, 2017.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    A friend put me onto a restaurant where I had the best eggs Benedict since leaving the US a long time ago.
    Anyone know the place I'm talking about?
    Hint: near SMC

2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. A_K Suited

A_K Suited DI New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    Blood Type:
    A-
    It is pretty good, I have tried both the ham and the smoked salmon. And for the smoked salmon, I was like where is the salmon here...

However, in my opinion, the eggs benedict at Casablanca is still the best for three reasons. Better English muffin, sautéed spinach, and much larger serving.. yeah, it's P295 at Casablanca, but that includes juice, a good cup of brewed coffee, and fresh bread with marmalade and butter.. a great value IMHO

Not to knock Alima though, my wife had the vegetarian omelette at Alima, and it was superb.. And the eggs benedict was good, just not the best. We will certainly eat there again in the future.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Did you get eggs (plural) at Casablanca?

I only ordered them once in there and I remember thinking "it" was pretty good and that was a couple years back but it seems to me I only got one. Maybe it was a breakfast special so there was only supposed to be one that day but I prefer 2 eggs. Its tradition :angelic:

5. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    Casablanca serves 2 eggs in their Eggs Benedict. We have eaten it there dozens of times. Sometimes they forget the spinach, not sure why. I'll ask the next time.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Surely you know the answer already: "Out of stock, sir."

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Charlie

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    Yep, you are right probably. But also different cooks make things slightly different. So I'll ask if they were out or if it was a cook thing. Casablanca grows some of their own spinach and some spices in a garden area behind the restaurant, in-between there and their DACA cooking school, and if out they buy it at one of the markets. So it could be the old out of stock sir, or it could be the cook forgot or he/she just does it her/his way. Spinach for the most part is not a normal ingredient of eggs benedict. It does add a little healthy touch though. I'll order it Sunday and see what I get. Either way it is pretty good.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    You don't get a lot of ham on Alima's eggs Benedict either. I am not a big eater so it worked for me. My preference is Canadian bacon rather than ham.

9. Charlie

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    The Eggs Benedict at Casablanca this morning came with bacon and ham on it. That was nice. The spinach depends on availability. None in the garden out back, none at the market, thus none available. That's O.K. though, with the ham and bacon it was really good. By the way it comes with a small salad on the side which is a nice touch, and healthy.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    That's the appropriate way to tell customers that something is out of stock. I think most people wouldn't have any issue with things being "out of stock" if legitimate reasons like these were given. Kudos to Casablanca. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1