Dumaguete Info Search

Best Margaritas?

Discussion in '☋ Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment ☋' started by PatO, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +2,807 / -1
    Who has the best margaritas? So far I found good ones at Mia's, Coco Amigos and El Dorado.

2. Relayer

Relayer Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    My favorite is at ChaCha's, a bar in San Antonio Texas that has 56 different flavors of Margaritas with The TOP SHELF is a Petron and EVERCLEAR combo! They have a SPURS Margarita that is Silver and Black and rather tastie as well!

Here in Duma there are NO decent margaritas (or Mexican/Tex-Mex)
    Best to make your own... also I cant afford the Petron here.

3. MrClean

MrClean DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    So far, I've tried them at Coco Amigos and Why Not, and IMO the former had the better drink. Also a bigger drink relative to cost, it seemed to me. I noticed in Why Not, they don't serve it on the rocks and I needed to ask for a separate glass of ice to add in. This was true with a White Russian that I had there before too. I've never heard of a mixed drink not being served on the rocks before. Only straight whiskey ordered neat.

I do prefer to mix my own though, because there are so many ways to mix them as for pct of triple sec and lime relative to the tequila. I've seen the combo of 5ml tequila, 3ml triple sec and 2 ml lime juice as a pretty common formula, but I prefer the also accepted mix of 1/3 1/3 1/3 of each. In other words one shot each of all 3. Simpler and IMO tastes the best. :smile: Also, the mixture of 2 parts, 1 part, 1 part, is very common.

I guess when it gets down to it, all the various mix ratios taste fine.

4. lakotamoon

lakotamoon DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    I disocvered a combination while in Cuba decades ago I prefer.

Squeeze 3 lime wedges into glass, throw in the squeezed wedges, at tequila and gran marnier 50 50. ice if desired. i like it neat myself.

told by Cuban locals it was a drink of choice for Hemingway when he lived there. have no idea if that is true. but it's nothing but the highway and really good.

Lakotamoon

5. Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    Coco Amigos would get my vote for the best margarita in town...

6. MrClean

MrClean DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    Better than your neighbor's margaritas?

I'm crushed and crestfallen. :wink:

7. Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / -0

Hahaha! For "personal" margaritas, yours are my No. 1, my friend.... :wink:

Thread Status: