Dumaguete Info Search

Best Non-Religious Pre/Nursery School

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by landman, Mar 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. landman

landman DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I am seeking a quality school for my 3 1/2 year old Daughter for the next term in June. Presently she is enrolled in Holy Cross but it is way too religious for my liking even though her learning Mandarin is hard to argue with. I can always undermine the religion part she is getting at home which I actually find myself doing from time to time. I would prefer a school without religion at all if such an animal exists. Please don't engage me on a discussion about religion. We are not religious and we don't want a school that has the children praying or greeting Jesus, Mary or Abraham!!! I heard that a new school might open in Dauin using a British School curricula so that could be interesting. Thanks and apologies to those of you who might find my post objectionable.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Talk about a square peg in a round hole. I just feel sad for your daughter who may be having the time of her life but it's all about you I suppose. Maybe you would be more comfortable in an Athiest country, if you can find one that is. Now there's a thought. Sorry for the blast but I think you asked for it.

3. OP
    OP
    landman

landman DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    It truly is amazing when you ask for some respect as to how I bring up MY daughter and how I chose not to have her (a 3 year old) in a religious school. but there comes Pedro. Unreal. Pedro how about you respecting the fact that not everyone in the F...ing world practices Christianity. And if there are no non-religious schools then so be it but how about sticking to the question I asked. Unreal again.

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    General 2009/2010

:smile: Hi landman, There were some posts in the General Section and University Section, 2009 & again in 2010. The Threads I believe were titled Pre-Schools These posts may help in your search. :wink:

Jack P.:smile:

5. OP
    OP
    landman

landman DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks JP. I will look there. The town changes so fast maybe there are some new schools since then.

6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Pre School Reviews Jan 2010.

Try this Thread by Princetonic landman.

PRE SCHOOL REVIEWS.

Jack P.:smile:

7. appy_ammer

appy_ammer DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    ?

You beat me to it Landman. I have a 3 1/2 year old child and have the same feelings as yourself. I was going to send him to Holy Cross but religion put me off. Im looking at schools but do not want Religion rammed down his throat. Its a religious country, his father is Athiest, so he will be able to make his own choice when he is older not forced into anything ! I hope you find somewhere and let us all know and if i find something i will be sure to tell ! :smile:

8. OP
    OP
    landman

landman DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    "Atheist"s Unite LOL

9. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I do agree that a child should have the correct knowledge to make their own decisions when they are old enough.
    Ron

10. OP
    OP
    landman

landman DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks Jack. That thread on "Preschools" did answer most of my questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.