Dumaguete Info Search

Best Place to Buy Laptop

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by GwapoHero, Nov 20, 2009.

1. GwapoHero

GwapoHero DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey there,

Im looking to buy a laptop for my fiance in dumaguete. I was hoping to get maybe a refurbished laptop. Dont need something with tons of power but enough to webcam and that type of thing. Does anyone know of a good place I might be able to find affordable prices?

2. echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Dumaguete's got Octagon, Micro Valley, DGTech, technoMart, Ace Logic, AAC Tech, Algorithm, etc. But in addition, Robinsons should have at least a couple of good compouter shops, probably coming from Manila. Probably even shops of computer brands such as HP or IBM..

3. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    I have a couple that I am going to sell. Are you here in DGT now?

4. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Neo a Philippine Company is manufacturing laptops in country, They seem to be good, and are considerably cheaper than imported laptops, should be available at Octagon.
    Example:
    160gig HD, 2 gig processor, 1 gig ram dvd/cd writer, about 19,000

As you may already have noticed, electronics are high priced in the Philippines due to import taxation.

5. c_rymz

c_rymz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    how much are those laptops?

6. Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I just recently purchased a laptop -- a netbook, actually -- from Digital One, and I was quite pleased with the price, warranty and customer service.

Lenovo S10-2 -- perfect for my needs.

7. wileiz

wileiz DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    if youre still there in USA, its good enough if you buy there in best buy shop a lot of sale on this thanksgiving day. im sure yuo can save a lot.i just saw yesterday on sale laptop which have good specifications for just only $349 cheaper enough

8. Don

Don DI Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 1
    There'a supposed to be a "discount" outfit from Manila that is opening a store in Robinson's Mall, Dgte. On another forum, the OP said the name was something like "ComputerKing"....I remember the "King" was a direct part of the name. Supposed to have good products at very good "discount" prices. (I have no connection with that company what-so-ever)

9. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I guess you mean CD-R King, but they are no computer outlet. Yuo can buy there a lot of computer related stuff to valuable prices but no computers and laptops...

10. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Wow, Gwapohero, you are really true to your name. Looking also for someone to buy me a laptop. LOL. (joking really)