Dumaguete Info Search

Best Place to Retire. Hmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder? To many Guns for me.

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Jack Peterson, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    :worried:Just had this come on my news Feed. WTF! is anyone safe even in a Tricycle now.

[TABLE="align: center, border: 0, cellpadding: 0, cellspacing: 0"]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 126, bgcolor: #cc3333"] [TABLE="border: 0, cellpadding: 1"]
    [TR]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Front Page[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Negros Oriental[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Star Business[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Opinion[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Sports[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Star Life[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]People & Events[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD] [TABLE="align: center, border: 0"]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD] [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD] [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 2"]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 2"]
    IN DUMAGUETE
    US ‘deportee’ shot dead

BY JUDY F. PARTLOW
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 414, align: center"] [TABLE="border: 0, cellpadding: 5, cellspacing: 0"]
    [TR]
    [TD] A man believed to have been deported from the United States of America was shot dead around yesterday afternoon in Dumaguete City in what is perceived to be another illegal drugs-related case.
    The victim, identified as Carl Anthony Vincoy Cheng, 33, single, a resident of Batinguel, Dumaguete City, succumbed to multiple gunshot wounds and was declared dead on arrival at the Holy Child Hospital, Supt. James Goforth, city police chief, said.
    Cheng was riding a motorcab-for-hire, or pedicab, from Batinguel en route to Lee Plaza Hypermart in Barangay Bagacay when two men, riding in tandem on a motorcycle, rode up to them and opened fire, investigators said.
    He is the fifth shooting victim in Dumaguete in separate incidents in the past two weeks and is the second gunned down this month in the city, Goforth said. The three other victims survived.
    Police investigation revealed that the shooting of Cheng could be related to illegal drugs.Police recovered a plastic sachet believed to contain shabu, Goforth said.
    Police investigators also retrieved at least five spent shells of .45 caliber pistol from the crime scene that is right across a gasoline station in Barangay Taclobo.
    Goforth said that, based on investigation, Cheng had been deported from the U.S. allegedly for an illegal drugs case.
    A relative of Cheng told reporters the victim had returned to Dumaguete about two years ago.
    The driver of the pedicab told reporters he could not ascertain when the suspects started following them.
    Another passenger was in the pedicab with the driver at the time but their identities are being withheld for safety reasons.
    The driver said Cheng asked to be taken to the Hypermart shopping center while the other passenger, already in the pedicab, was going to the boulevard.
    A few meters away from the gasoline station, the driver said he heard at least four gunshots before realizing that one of his passengers was hit.
    Cheng, who was seated on the far right of the pedicab, reportedly jumped off but when he fell on the road, the gunman fired at him again, witnesses said.
    The other passenger, who was a deaf, and the driver were unscathed but the passenger seat was hit.
    Goforth said the two suspects fled northward.
    The police are now reviewing video clips from the closed-circuit television security cameras at the nearby gasoline station hopefully to get leads on the suspects.*JFP
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

CITY OF WHAT? (Gentle People or Head cases):nuts:

JP :indifferent:

2. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    A U.S. Citizen cannot be deported from the United States.
    Another article by an uninformed writer perhaps. It should have been made clear that he was NOT an American.
    What country is he a citizen of ? Perhaps Judy should look into that.
    Just more American bashing in my opinion by the uninformed. This writer needs to get her facts straight before writing an article.

• Like Like x 3
  3. blueskies

blueskies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +204 / 35
    He was my neighbour, probably a filipino american(dual) citizenship..his mum(i met her personally) is filipina-american but residing in states i know he was into meth(shabu) but always been nice with me. That's all i know..

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Umm.....I don't think you have much to worry about unless you are dealing drugs. I think it is fairly rare for a person to be randomly shot in Dumaguete.

• Like Like x 1
  5. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I actually find it encouraging that they shoot the people they intend to and not alot of innocent bystanders.

• Like Like x 3
  6. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Good job no innocent bystanders got hit, like Robert says above post.

• Like Like x 1