Dumaguete Info Search

Best Route: Cebu-Bohol-Dumaguete-Siquijor

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by tiempotiempo, Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tiempotiempo

tiempotiempo DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi All,

I'm new in this site. I wanted to get some help for my upcoming visayas trip. I read some posts here which will be a lot of help for my upcoming trip. I want to go to these places: Cebu-Bohol-Dumaguete-Siquijor and I have 12 full days. The thing is I am unsure as to where to start my trip because I don't want to stay on the road to long and want an efficient route for my trip. Where is the best place to start? Cebu, Bohol or Dumaguete?

Thanks for the help!

2. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Where are you coming from initially? I would start in Cebu and go from there. I'm sure some others will offer their opinions also.

3. OP
    OP
    tiempotiempo

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'll be coming from Manila. So the best route is Manila-Cebu-Bohol-Siquijor-Dumaguete-Manila? What are must-sees in Cebu? Is it advisable to skip the beaches there since I'll be heading to Bohol and Siquijor?

4. Ricardo

Ricardo DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    I would travel Manila-Dumaguete then to Siquijor by boat. Siquijor to Bohol on Oceanjet and Bohol to Cebu on Oceanjet.

Option 2. If you want to see a lot of nice coastal scenery then go Bohol to Dumaguete and catch the ferry and bus from Sibulan to Cebu

Ricardo

5. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    As far as i know, is Oceanjet between Siquijor and Bohol passing tru Dumaguete.
    But there is another solution:schedule.ph/boat/from/Siquijor/to/Bohol

6. OP
    OP
    tiempotiempo

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the replies everyone! I actually bought tickets today and I'm taking the Manila-Duma-Siquijor-Bohol-Cebu-Manila route. Do you have any tips on what places should not be missed?

thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.