Dumaguete Info Search

Siquijor best snorkeling / skin diving site in siquijor?

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by sekaskelter, Nov 29, 2012.

1. sekaskelter

sekaskelter DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Which beach has the best snorkeling / skin diving site? Was planning to head to Apo Island after 2 days in Siquijor, but if there are dive sites in Siquijor that may match Apo Island, we might consider just staying in Siquijor for the rest of our trip and save money at the same time.

Thanks!

2. Gass

Gass DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    nothing special with snorkeling at Siquijor. at low tide you walk through thousands of sea urgins in knee deep water very far out. not much fish there either. still a nice Island to spend a few days and for splashing around in the water if expectations are not too high.

can't be compared to Apo Island's marine diversity at all

3. Ricardo

Ricardo DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Siquijor does have some nice snorkelling sites..........Palliton wall is one but you need a boat or kayak. but the sites in no way compare to the marine diversity at Apo island

4. OP
    OP
    sekaskelter

sekaskelter DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks guys! :smile: i'll try my best to squeeze in a day trip to Apo Island for some snorkeling fun. Do you think it would be possible to visit both Siquijor and Apo Island in a span of 3 days? Our flight from MLA leaves on a Thursday at 7AM, and we head back Sunday on the 7AM flight back to MLA. I was thinking of heading straight to Siquijor once we land in Dumaguete, spend 2 nights there, head back to Dumaguete on Saturday morning, take a boat to Apo Island for the day, then head back Dumaguete in the afternoon. Hoping we could find a cheap ride to Apo Island though, because so far the rates i've seen are way out of our budget :(

5. pfotoguy

pfotoguy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    I'm wondering how this last typhoon has affected the diving areas