Dumaguete Info Search

Best thing about this board

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by tfa1957, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tfa1957

tfa1957 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I was wondering what people think is the best thing about this board/forum? For me, it is simply a community that shares. I know there are people who usually only condemn others lifestyles and choices, but for the most part, the positive people far outweigh the negative ones. I've gained a good deal of information about Dumaguete and the surrounding areas as well as some of the good people on this board and for that, I'm thankful. How about some of you folks? What draws you here and what positive feelings do you take away with you?

2. progmeister

progmeister DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Hey Tom, for me it's a means of touching base and also see what's going on in my hometown. I don't know anyone here but that's not important really, what's important is the communication. We're all individuals so what's cool to someone may not be to someone else. That's fine with me as I believe in freedom of expression. By the way may I ask what the Kettle club is?

Progmeister

3. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    I see this board like window into my place ,this serve like a balm when homesickness strikes...can just oggle into the pc screen ,to many of us living away in long distances , share ,read opinions ,infos and updates , a great site !

4. India-One

India-One DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    aside from being informed and keep updated on whats goin on the city of gentle people(most of are in the same boat for this),when ever im inside a forum i just think am home, doin chika on ma neighbors. and i feel great, especially the DRAMA,hehhehe

5. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    For me, it is just simply knowing what Dumaguete City is, what it has to offer as it will be our place soon. I pretty much knew this place coz of Silliman University as my elder sister's Alma Mater. My husband and I spent for almost 2 weeks in this city for the first time last May 2007 and we found out that this is the place for us. And many thanks to The Dane for putting up this great site.

6. blackline

blackline DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I also like the forum. But I dont know who you are meaning condemning others lifestyles and choices. A forum like this to me is a public place for commenting each others "choices and lifestyles" .But of course I prefer to get negative comments in a construktive way or manner. And will like all others be glad for positive comments. But with just positive comments to digest, I probably will think "here all are pissing my back"

7. blackline

blackline DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Even though I maybe is a little "direct" in my expressions,I still hope people will tell what they like or dislike with this forum.I dont think this tread should be hidden.

8. The Teach

The Teach DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I have spent HOURS and HOURS reading every single post on this site and the wealth of info. is incredible.

Even if I had not even been to Duma. I think that I would know an awful lot through reading this.

As it is - now that Hanna and I live in Valencia - I hope that I shall be able to meet and make new friends when I return in January. Especially, I hope to meet people in or near Valencia so that I shall not have to drive down to the city every day and spend money in Co Co's.

God bless the owner of this site - what you have done is invaluable.

Al. :smile:

9. wretched_hyena

wretched_hyena DI Member

Artist
    Ratings:
    +6 / 7
    As with most things, it's not as simple as one thing. For instance, I like being in a group where I can hear news and information, even attitudes from where I plan to live the last quarter of my life. Also, I like getting more into my wife's heritage. But I also like the wacky folks on here who have a good sense of humor and a better sense of family. I've been on lots of groups, still am on others, but I feel really comfy here. Ah, what the hell, group hug!

10. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    Because

I love Dumaguete City and the people that live there, I married a dumageta. I have never had a bad day in duma but I have been sick a few days. I really am looking forward to the day when I get on the plane to Dumaguete for the last time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.