Dumaguete Info Search

Bethel Hotel

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by The Dane, Nov 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Bethel Hotel is the best option in Dumaguete City, the hotel has a strict no alcohol and no smoking policy and it is kept cleaner than most hospitals :smile:

Rooms run from P1000 and they are nicely laid out and the beds are good :smile:

I stayed there until we found our house and I have nothing but good things to say about the staff and the hotel :smile:

so this is the best Dumaguete City hotel in my opinion.

2. rmlupu

rmlupu DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I could not agree more. This is where my wife and I stay whenever we visit home. I have never had anything but a wonderful time at the Bethel House.

The only caveat would be about staying there during festivals. We were there for both the 2003 & 2005 Sandurot Festivals and the bandstand is directly across from the hotel. Needless to say the "booming" noise does go on until very late into the early morning (2 or 3am). If you are sensitive to noise you may want to request a room on the side opposite Rizal Boulevard.

Richard

3. waterbaby74

waterbaby74 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    unfortunately for us smokers, we dont get the opportunity to enjoy their services (unless if we can ditch the nicotine for at least a day) as much as the non-smokers do. all hotels should have like a smoking area or lounge. well, all the five stars do... :wink:

4. BAZ

BAZ DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    No Ahcohol Policy

Hi Dane about the NO ALCOHOL policy, I like a drink or 20 is that a problem if I come back to the hotel a little lasing ?
    The hot days makes a man enjoy a SAN MIG LIGHT at night.

5. cheskaraul

cheskaraul DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey baz. i think what they mean by the no alcohol policy is drinking inside the hotel itself. I had some friends from london visit us here and they stayed in bethel and usually ended up going back to the hotel roaring drunk. :smile:

6. BAZ

BAZ DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks cheskaraul, I was thinking that was the case otherwise I dont think they would have many customers staying long.
    I will check and see if Bethel Hotel has a internet site so I can book a room when I am coming over to DUMAGUETE,

cheers BAZ..

7. cheskaraul

cheskaraul DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Goodluck in that, I'm not sure on the website for bethel. I only know a few places that has websites for their hotels however if you have a hard time go through a travel agency of dumaguete and make them book a room for you (in case you can't find bethel's website) :smile:

8. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
  9. BAZ

BAZ DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks cheskaraul and Garbonzo, I checked out BETHEL GUEST HOUSE site, looks a nice place and I will try them for sure when I am in town.

cheers BAZ...

10. PhilT

PhilT DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Bethel is a good hotel, staff are "switched on" and efficient. One staff member said she found money in a room, in the shower! she passed it back to the guest, how honest is that? I told her that person does not deserve to have the money back for being so daft!..she laughed!

As for non smoking, thats a good thing, and the non drinking policy is for on the premises. Breakfast's are a bit expensive, but good food all around.

My policy on any hotel is, If you are friendly and polite to staff, you get it back! amazing how far that goes when you want to ask a favour or something to be done, it pays off. I have seen many foreigners in the phils treat staff, like dogs, but try asking for some help when you need it????

My wife used to work for Roy Cang, many moons ago!

BTW yes the festival/bands etc drive you nuts at night on the front, but can live with it, just!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.