Dumaguete Info Search

Beware ---- The Private Residence Resort

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by jerrygreen25, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerrygreen25

jerrygreen25 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tourist, Locals, Visitors advisory!

This place uses arbitrarily pricing for the day use of the swimming pool.:confused:

Management says the use of the swimming pool is FREE, if you purchase a meal.

The front desk says it's 200 Pesos per adult and 100 Pesos per child to use the swimming pool if you do not request the special, or so inform them in-advance!

Another employee claims that if you have a meal the fees are 100 Pesos per adult and children are Free!

Hence, beware of The Private Residence!:mad:

Travelers, foreigners, locals and visitors should steer clear of this place.

Travel advisement!

2. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Thanks for the information. It does have weird policies which are not customer-friendly.

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Well, it does not sound right but I want to add that there are more resorts which charge a consumable entrance fee and a additional pool fee (not consumable).

This is IMHO more than correct unless the outside guests also volunteer in cleaning the pool from hairs, old skin and other body-liquids.

If it would be my pool I would charge adults 200 and kids 500 for obvious reasons...

The different statements of the employees is also nothing special, remember the country you are in. Ask 2 people, you will get 3 answers and all 4 are wrong.

200 fee for a resort with a pool is IMHO an absolute ok price as long it is clean and I can use the facilities.

I give an Example. I used Well Beach Resort quite sometimes for teaching diving. This resort is small but simply great and I can recommend it to anybody for a nice weekend or day out.

For my diving classes I used the pool in Well Beach Resort and need to pay for that 100 Peso per head (including me) The general entrance fee is 150 (consumable)or so, we never paid that, as we usually spend the whole day there and eat and drink anyway, so less paperwork.

But of course I paid the 100 peso pool-fee. The owner build that great facility and gives me the permit to use it. The 100 peso per head are a fraction of what he spends daily for cleaning and maintaining the pool.
    Of course I am absolutely fine with paying that part (in house guest pay that as part of their room-rate, things like that are called cross calculation).

This pool thingy has absolutely nothing to do with the consumable entrance fee and need to be seen separate.

The different statements of the employees is also nothing special, remember the country you are in. Ask 2 local employees anywhere you want, you will get 3 answers and all 4 are wrong.

4. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Spoilsport Rhoody!:D
    Apologies mate, I thought you'd removed my post to this thread, but see it's been posted twice in expat section and here!

5. DAGNY

DAGNY DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I went to Well Beach last year and thought it was great. Nice and quiet, beautiful garden, and kid-safe. The owner was very friendly(forgot his name). I don't mind spending a few bucks to have an enjoyable day w/ the family.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.