Dumaguete Info Search

Tourist Visa Bi launches txt message scheme for i-card applicants

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by DavyL200, Feb 10, 2017.

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Screenshot_20170210-161811.png

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    If I remember correctly, last year there was a notice that if an I card wasn't picked up within a prescribed period of time it would be destroyed and the process and cost would start again plus penalty. So if for some reason the recipient doesn't see or receive the text and sit's around waiting too long??????

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Then they will probably have their i-card destroyed and pay the price for sitting around and waiting? The cost of being stupid and/or lazy can be expensive. Luckily, that would be one of the cheaper lessons to learn.

4. tlrtraveler

tlrtraveler DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +217 / 47
    Since it
    Since it has taken almost a year on one occasion and over a year on a second occasion to receive an I-card from BOI, it would be the height of arrogance to demand that the foreigner begin the financial drain and paper shuffle again. Given the quality of both Smart and Globe as service providers, I have serious doubts as to the effectiveness of this program, although it is certainly a "step in the right direction" if it works.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yeah, I've waited over 10 months for a card once as well. But it is my responsibility to check if it is available and make sure I have it when it is ready for pick-up. It is the way the government works here. Don't like it? Too much of a (financial) burden? Don't live in the Philippines. Pretty simple.

6. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thankfully I used an Agent, when my Card arrives I go back to the Travel Agency, give them my Passport to be sent to Cebu to their Agent who then picks it up for me from the Cebu BOI and sends it back to the travel Agency who texts me to come and pick up my Passport and new Card, at least that is how it has worked the last two times for me whilst processing my 13a Visa :smile:

• Like Like x 1