Dumaguete Info Search

BoI Info BI orders foreigners to report v2014

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by daanlungsod, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daanlungsod

daanlungsod DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +83 / 11
    BI orders foreigners to report for continued stay | Inquirer Global Nation

...Foreign nationals are asked to bring their ACR I-card (Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card) or paper-based ACR and accomplish an application form. Applicants can download the application form from the bureau’s website (Home) or personally get a copy from any of the BI offices nationwide. An application fee of P310 is required for their appearance.

The form in 4 pages with photo & thumbprints apparently required..
    2014 Annual Report Forms PDF

...Foreign nationals are asked to bring their ACR I-card (Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card) or paper-based ACR and accomplish an application form. Applicants can download the application form from the bureau’s website (Home) or personally get a copy from any of the BI offices nationwide.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/modules/mod_btslideshow/images/118/slideshow/news6.png

2. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    Nice one BI, everyone thought that by having the I-Card with the embedded chip would make it so easy.. now we go back to the dark ages again with more photo's and finger prints.. When does this gong show end..

3. Larry_H

Larry_H DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    It did. It made it easier to get more money from you. You paid for the chip in the card, but some government official(s) stole the money needed to buy the chip readers!:wink:

4. OP
    OP
    daanlungsod

daanlungsod DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +83 / 11
    It never ends. When the I-card was first approved, Immigration ran to the press boasting the huge revenues it would get by charging us $50 each year for a new I-Card. Our embassies were quick to intervene and get that changed to 5 years. Where are our embassies now?

This new form appears to demand that we identify our parents and all children, here and abroad, living and dead. IMHO that's NOTFB.

Also note the nifty new dress code: View attachment 9851

A previous BI comment: http://philippineculture.ph/filer/PHIL-Bureau-of-Immigration_Dress-Code-Policy.pdf

“I doubt if Filipinos abroad could enter the immigration offices in other countries if they are
    not properly dressed,” said Roque Santos, a retiring employee assigned at the BI records section.​

I don't know about other countries, but we'd have sacked our government long ago if they'd insulted us with dress codes, on citizens or foreigners.

Attached Files:

5. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    is this for 13a visa or tourist visa?

6. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    I don't know of the dress code in AU for an embassy, but if dressed like a monkey then the office would have good working air con, and not just behind the glass for the employees, I guess they would like us to sweat our asses off while dressed like a monkey here.

7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Well Folks! that's it, we are back to the beginning, it is just that they need us to Pay again, to see all the film again.
    Remember, when we said to a Girlfriend/ Boyfriend, this is where we came in, ha ha, of course, It is More fun here, so we get to pay Again and AGAIN:mad:

8. Larry_H

Larry_H DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    The 310 is your basic yearly ACR fee (tax). Why the long form? What was it in years prior?

9. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    All its about is sticking it to the foreigners wallet as usual. They love to claim how so many bad foreigners who come here with bad intentions and use and abuse filipina girls and such. But that is a very small group out of the majority and they are not marrying or looking for perm residency, often just the sex tourists passing through. But of course none of that is the Philippines fault for what happens. While love the people and country as usual end up hating the government that just puts out hate and problems.

10. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    What needs to happen is, every country that has a large resident Filipino community needs to do the same, take away all the benefits they now enjoy like Senior Discounts, basically free medical, free schooling etc. and start charging the sh*t out of them for anything they use and make them pay a few hundred dollars a year for getting nothing. It would still be cheap for them as they don't get ripped off normally like is the norm in the Philippines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.