Dumaguete Info Search

Tourist Visa Bi to offer online payment for visa extensions

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by DavyL200, May 13, 2016.

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Bureau of Immigration to adopt online payment system
    [​IMG]MANILA, May 13 -- The Bureau of Immigration through Commissioner Ronaldo A. Geron entered into a Memorandum of Agreement with Global Payments Asia-Pacific Phiilippines Incorporated headed by Ms. Kay A. Dela Paz, Country Head and Mr. Jerome B. Vinarao, Sales Manager, Partner Channel together with the Bank of the Philippine Islands represented by Mr. John Vic A. Bolido on 10 May 2016 for the provision of an online payment system.

The online payment system will provide our foreigner clients with ease of access to services being offered by the Bureau.

According to Commissioner Geron, this project are baby steps. Why? The reason is that the system will initially be available for tourist visa extension only. As soon as the Bureau has adapted into the system, more services will be made accessible. We are doing this to ensure that all possible glitches have been seen and addressed before we add-on to the services. We aim to do more for the Bureau, will try to improve processes as we go along, taking small baby steps at a time. (BI)

- See more at: PIA | Bureau of Immigration to adopt online payment system

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    But as usual there is a catch in this,even if you make an online payment you still need to visit the office to get your stamp in your passport :smile:

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Well that should be expected. It would be nice if you could submit all the paperwork and pictures online too!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I just think it's a total waste of time if you have to go there anyway to get stamped!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Not at all, you hand them money and they don't give you a receipt until the next day. If your money gets lost who do think it's going to pay to have it replaced? Can you prove you actually paid them in the first place? I'm all for online payments, it's one less thing to worry about.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Now if only the USA would catch up. When I looked at getting a tourist visa for my SO to come see Disneyland with me I found out she cannot apply online. She actually has to go to the US Embassy in Manila and apply and if she is turned down then tough sh*t, she is out the money for the trip and the cost of the application.

Sometimes Philippines is actually better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Would anyone really want their passport information put online on a server ran by the Philippine government? Ripe for hacking with no need to use a backdoor as the front door would likely be left wide open with a sign. At least we can feel more secure with their nonsense paper stacks in the offices as not many criminals probably want to spend the time combing through all that rubbish!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Seems to me that filipinas are so proud of their passports that they post pictures of all the info on Facebook anyway so no difference

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I wonder if implementing the payment part is the correct place to get the bugs out?

10. btween2worlds

btween2worlds DI Member Infamous

Ratings:
    +27 / 4