Dumaguete Info Search

big yellow buss

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by alex, May 10, 2015.

1. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    In the last week their has been 5 accidents involving the above(that 5 we know of) between Duma and Bias, theses drivers are in a world of their own, protected by a company that tells them to get there on time, 4 hours from cebu south termnal lilo,an is the time allowed, thats ok if the bus does not have many stops or gets a good run in light traffic. I have friends that travel that road weekly as many of DI members do, they are forced to slow down or are run off the road . A buss that has seating for 50 people and loads 75 people must be unstable and hard to control. last week i had a friend killed so i fronted up at the terminal for some answers i did not get any but was they have up tp 60 busses on the road between Duma n Bias at any one time so realy there accccident rate is quiet low , (smile) something has to be done but i dont know the answer to this . GOLDEN RULE HE WHO HAS THE GOLD MAKES THE RULES

2. Oz-Roger

Oz-Roger DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +465 / 137
    Filipino's in the main seem to have one particular piece of wiring missing, or not connected correctly, in the brain - "personal safety of self and others"

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Have they been found at fault for all of those accidents? I have seen plenty of bad Ceres drivers but I have seen many more bad car and motorcycle drivers. It's really hard to for me to believe that they have been at fault for every one of the accidents.

Sorry about the loss of your friend though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. rbrown

rbrown DI Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 8
    I lived in China for over 4 years and now the Philippines for a year and 1/2 and this seems to be common with the two....I have fears it is very common between MANY Asian countries......others who know this to be true? Many loose wires!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    4 hours from Cebu south to Ilo An............!!?? I am not a frequent traveller on that bus but so far never did not make it within that time schedule. My most recent best record, Saturday last, was departing from South terminal @09:05am and arriving Ilo An @1:30pm.
    I think your best bet is on Sundays, provided no funerals procession(s) on the highway, to get to the cemetery, and decreasing the average speed of the Ceres bus or your own wheels. Be aware, Nov. 30, is notorious, don't know why, but will never travel again on that particular date between Ilo An and Cebu after my experience in 2014.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 10, 2015
  6. Oz-Roger

Oz-Roger DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +465 / 137

Fair comment actually, but, if we can define "fault" as it relates to the Buses and the Philippines, because there are so many obstacles here, like people walking slowly, animals, bicycles, trikes, m/c's going in all directions, etc.,etc., on the roads, and the roads are so badly constructed, add that the buses travel so damned fast, too fast and too aggressive for the conditions, and take too many chances when overtaking, like - being on the incorrect side of the road and flashing lights when coming toward you, demanding you slow down or get off the road to let them through, work it out from there.:cool:..........it is just a volatile cocktail for disaster.:confused:

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. OP
    OP
    alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    I am going into the city today i will most likely swear at least at 10 motor bikes 5 cars and one buss. I agree with Dustin there is many bad bike car n trike drivers but keeping in prospettive the big yellow ones seem to stand out above the rest.

8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Agreed Alex but seeing them and avoiding them seems so difficult. We had a Thread on here some time ago that Yellow was reportedly the Safest colour for a vehicle. Seems in some cases, that is wrong.
    Take care out there today My friend. :wink:

JP :bag: :nailbiting:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    No doubt that they go too fast and care little about anyone other than themselves.....but isn't that pretty much how everyone drives here? I've had more crazy motorcycle and multi-cab drivers almost run me off the road than I have crazy Ceres bus drivers. Almost everyone here goes faster than road conditions allow and they could give a crap less if there is oncoming traffic when they pass a vehicle. That will always lead to lots of accidents. The Ceres buses are just noticed more because they are huge....and bright yellow.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. sandycreekg

sandycreekg DI Member Showcase Reviewer

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14
    I agree Wry, there is every form of lunatic driver as my partner calls them , both local and foreigner. but as we both agree it is the standard here and I guess if we choose to live here we must be alert at all times and be prepared for all situations and as my partner says better to be slow and late than dead on time , it is not worth the frustration

• Agree Agree x 2