Dumaguete Info Search

Black Tip's in Dauin

Discussion in '☋ Diving and Marine Life ☋' started by Rhoody, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    We had last few days a few lack Tip Reef sharks around the Dauin Area, cruising around north of the Car-Wrecks and resting on the ground in the Pyramid in front of Pura Vida....

Nice to know that some Big stuff is around here.

At Dauin north is a bunch of Baby-Seahorses around too

Some other encounters the last few weeks were Manta, Eagle Rays, several sharks and a small whale shark at Sumilon.

live can be terrible sometimes...

2. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Gee Rhoody...were you watching a documentary on Animal Planet filmed in Australia.....while having a couple cold ones near Dauin.....LOL...

Seriously, nice to hear that there are some great sights left in the Dauin area....if you do enough dives to see them. Love those eagle rays....When I lived on the Red Sea coast I'd see them almost everyday. Fascinating creatures. Sharks almost everytime too. Usually white-tips though. The odd tiger... and then I'd leave the water......they can have it....thank you very much....and I wouldn't spear-fish at that spot again.

Anyway, enjoy it while it lasts....I think the Philippines is in very urgent danger of destroying its main source of protein....IF they don't get a major sustainable aquaculture thrust going - along with a major enforced marine conservation program....they are fooked. Pretty simple really....fix it - or they die en masse.....Won't be long either...five to ten years is all they have.

3. Travellingman

Travellingman DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Sumilon Island

Hi Rhoody
    We actually saw a small black tip in the desert sands at Sumilon Island on Thursday.
    First shark I have seen in 13 dives since I arrived back in the Philippines...except for the one in the market on Panglao!
    Cheers
    :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.