Dumaguete Info Search

Blacklisting of Smoking Violators?

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by The Dane, Jan 19, 2014.

1. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    This seems like a radical measure....

Source:
    Blacklisting of
    smoking violators eyed - DAILY STAR: Negros Oriental

2. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Right, that's because you are thinking clearly and you have a decent education. You need to think about this problem from the perspective of a retarded person to completely understand why this would be a good idea.

It would be a d*mn shame if you couldn't apply for your $6 / day job because you can't get a clearance. It would be even more upsetting if that were one of the few jobs you qualify for after being filtered out from others by being too old, too young, too short, too dark skinned, too ugly and no college degree.

Of course, a clearance would also prevent you from getting a passport and a visa so that you could escape this country (and work and smoke in peace!)

Thank goodness there is nothing mentioned in that article bribes, so that should still be an option.

Personally, I'm all for bat sh*t crazy proposals which keep other countries from being able to compete with my standard of living.

3. redneck

redneck DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    I am not a smoker, and cannot stand to be near anyone who is smoking (grew up with 2 chain smokering parents and developed an intolerance). That being said, I cannot believe this anti-smoking policy is even being considered when there is so much public burning of trash, causing much more pollution and more widespread respiratory problems than my neighbor smoking one cigarette. This is hypocrisy at it's worst!! Just the way I see it.........

4. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Anyone can consider anything. Thank goodness we can't read into the minds of others to see what sorts of awful things the people around us are considering. Some people even take those considerations a step further and make proposals, also something anyone can do. Among my favorite proposals is "A Modest Proposal" by Johnathan Swift. Most likely this proposal, like most ridiculous proposals will go nowhere.