Dumaguete Info Search

Blue fish with orange tail fin

Discussion in '☋ Diving and Marine Life ☋' started by The Dane, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    We have a lot of these outside the house, they arre blue with an orange tail fin..

Attached Files:

2. cebudiver

cebudiver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    looks like a yellowtail damsel

3. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Yellow tails damsels and others like that...

To avoid all confusion about appearance , Linnaeus has published his standard work SYSTEMA NATURAE in 1735 .. Pretty hard to understand when I was 15 years , but lateron it is a must... Since then Flora and Fauna carry beside common names Latin and in some cases Greech names.
    THis fish is pretty much looking like the Neopomacentrus azysron . There are atleast some 20 different damsels blue with a yellow tail and/or belly . Some I have attached here..
    There is even a damselfish to be found in North Luzon that inhabits FRESHWATER the N. Taeniata..

Attached Files:

4. cebudiver

cebudiver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I dont have a fish ID book with me and dont have the many thousands of reef fish genus and species names memorized - or the time to do internet searches -I realize there is a classification system and the common name yellow tail damsel belongs to a number of individual species - this is one of them - this is a travel forum - not a scientific publication - and I specialize in reef ecology and not taxonomy - if my reply is too general for you just ignore it

5. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Dear CEDU DIVER .I am very sorry to see that you are pissed off , but for what reason.??
    I was just telling to the Forum !!!! about HOW the entire Plant and Animal Kingdom can be Identified. The remarks were NOT to your personal addresed , diba ?
    Unlike you ,some others here take great interest in what I write ( all by heart) and are keen in getting free seminars once I am settled in Dumga Area. I am pretty sure that also the Silliman will take interest especialy in my new breeding technology and INVIVO IMAGINZE technique to find answers to feeding habbits ,yet unknown...
    So don,t take it personal , if you please...:smile: :smile: :smile:

6. cebudiver

cebudiver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Linnaeus has published his standard work SYSTEMA NATURAE in 1735 .. Pretty hard to understand when I was 15 years , but lateron it is a must...

- this statement seemed a bit condecending - maybe I sounded a bit irritated there but not pissed off

a lot of people enjoy your posts - me included - you are always there with the genus and species - and pictures ! - i am just winging a few ID's off the top of my head

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.