Dumaguete Info Search

BOATING

Discussion in 'Hobbies and special interests' started by Notmyrealname, Apr 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    The sea off Dumaguete seems quite calm most of the time but I rarely see any small pleasure boats (e.g. rowing boats). Is there a reason for that to do with any laws or dangers? If not, then where is it best to purchase a small rowing boat or motor boat from and where can it be located?

Thanks in anticipation.

2. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 1,261
    I have an 11 foot zodiac type inflatable boot with an almost new 15 Hp long shaft, 2 stroke Yamaha outboard.
    The boat is older and the plywood floor needs replacing. PM me if interested.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    Part of the issue is there is few good places to launch a boat on a trailer. They built two nice concrete ramps in piapi, then built a seawall in front of them to render them completly useless.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Most boats here are banca, you can get one built, 15-25 feet,cost between 10-20k, then engine from 8-30 k, depense on brand and hp, cheap chinese, or quality brand like Honda or Kohler. Normal hp for this size boat are between 6-16 hp. Problem can be where to keep your boat. Have a local caretaker, you can trust is one way to do it. Kayak is another possibility, easy to bring around. I know a good boatbuilder in Dumaguete, many locals say they are the best in this area

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    What is the name and location of the boat builder please?

6. Liverpool fan

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Name is Lorenzo, sorry can't find phone number, but can ask a friend, sure he have it. It's 2 brothers, youngest build the boats, good guys, built many boats. You can see some of the banca they built if you visit. From Robinson you pass by Ceres busterminal and new Macdonalds, (one way traffic) then first street right, 200 meter turn left, you there. I bought second hand banca, it's built there, and they made stainless outrigger for me. I'm happy with my boat, good design, wider than normal, use it for fun and fishing with rod and reel

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Liverpool fan

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Ohh I forget my boat is 15 feet and my test ride was to Cebu island, then cross over to Panglao on Bohol, via Siquijor back to Bacong. The locals told me, I was crazy, but first when I was back again lol, I reply, tell me something I don't know

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. notDavaoeno

notDavaoeno DI New Member Showcase Reviewer

retired
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I'd be all over that if I lived in Duma

9. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    I know this is an old tread but did not want to start a new one on the same subject. I would really like to know where I can launch my boat. I been scouting around but have not come up with anything that looks posable. A pay ramp or free no matter. Just need to get my boat in and out of the water. I have seen water craft on trailers so I think there must be a ramp here some place. Can any of you help me locate one?

Thanks. Jim

10. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I admit I have never looked for one around here, so I took a look at "street level Google images" and found the following pics at this location
    9°17'51.11" N 123°18'38.77" E
    Ramp.jpg Ramp entry.jpg
    I have no idea if it is even still there but if I were you I would definitely want to take a real life look. Could be exactly what you want.

• Informative Informative x 2