Dumaguete Info Search

Question Bogart's bar?

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Jack Peterson, Apr 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :facepalm: I have a friend coming over from Dalguete tomorrow to do his Extension. We normally go for Lunch at CoCo
    Apparently last time we went My friend had a dispute over his bill, ( I only found this out this morning)
    He rang to say that he did not want to go there anymore and could we Change Venue for Lunch. He suggested Bogart's as it is where he used to go when he lived in Dumaguete some 4 years ago. Now I have never been to this bar and so I said OK but Forewarned is forearmed as they say. Whats it like now? ( one hears Stories) is the menu Good, Bad, Indifferent? Beer chilled, Good price?
    I don't expect from anyone a total rundown of the bar but some indication of expectations would be nice.
    Like what is the Price of an SMB.
    Anyone.
    I would go to CB but out of his price range on Beer alone.

Will I enjoy it?

JP :bag:

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It's an alright bar. German ran. They used to have some decent chili con carne. 40-50 a beer last time I was there.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Canadianized

Canadianized DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +224 / 27
    I agree the chili there is good. Good scenery looking at the boulevard and sea. Beer is cold and their draft beer.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Andrew

Andrew DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +151 / 57
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Yep, cheap beer, staff friendly enough and I think the owner has a few regulars as I've seen a few familiar faces there on seperate occasions. Chili is indeed tasty, as are the German Sausages. It's a 'cheap & cheerful' kinda place you can just sit and watch the world go by. Try sitting near the outside if possible, as its a bit warm inside even with the fans on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Canadianized

Canadianized DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +224 / 27
    I didn't know the owner was German. Lots of fans. I notice a number of Norwegians almost every time I have been there. They are a friendly bunch.

• Like Like x 1
  6. filipinogring

filipinogring DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Andy, the owner, is Austrian.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Turbota

Turbota DI Member

Retired Military Pilot / Fed Civil Service
    Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    Yup ...

8. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Of course the one thing, that all have in common IS?

Your Right! they all speak:facepalm: German. but it's OK, as long as the beer is Cold I can live with everything else :wink:

JP:smile:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pompolino

Pompolino DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +404 / 53
    Have stopped by this bar after walking the dog later at night on the Boulevard. Service is always friendly including getting some water for the dog. Beers are cold at 50p and convenient with the dog as we sit on the outside seats. Notice that it attracts a regular brigade and is well described above as cheap and cheerful . Haven't eaten here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 3
  10. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    Your friend's experience four years ago may have been a menu of American-style gourmet burgers. This has been changed to German sausage. Casablanca (same owner) has 3 or 4 burgers on the menu.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.