Dumaguete Info Search

Bookstors nd libraries

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by BigJim, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigJim

BigJim DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My wife is an avid reader. We plan to move to Dumaguete in a few months. She would like to know if there are any public libraries; also if there are any bookstores.

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Big Jim,

there are several bookstores all over the City. In Robinson you find National Bookstore and a small one (don't know the name) next to the foodcourt where you can find cheaper books.
    Next to the immigration office is a small kinda library where you pay once a small member fee and after that get books between 5 and 20 Peso a week. They have a pretty good selection.

hope that helps a bit already
    cheers

Rhoody

3. Kojak

Kojak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 2
    Does anyone know the library policy .....and quality of the Silliman University library???

4. permres

permres DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Silliman University library is geared more toward students. They have plenty of really old books, mostly reference. Nothing like libraries where you can find all kinds of selections available. No romance section, no mystery section, nothing like that, really. I haven't been to the public library, so can't comment. I just buy books at the bookstores, very affordable. The one by the Food Court, I think, is called Book Sale, and I really like going there. Also, lots of selections in the sales bins at National Book Store. Good Luck!!

5. OP
    OP
    BigJim

BigJim DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info! She's a happy person now! It doesn't take much to make her happy! ha ha

6. Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    There is also a "used bookstore" on National Highway -- across from NORSU and up a bit towards Daro. I have been inside only once, but there was a sign noting some kind of "exchange" program, as well. I will be going back sometime this week and will post more info on this store for those that are interested.

7. sntmig

sntmig DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +121 / 17
    Big Jim.why not make your wife really happy and buy her a "Kindle".
    absolutely the best thing for an avid reader (download any book,vary the font size if you eyes are not so good,read in the dark..etc..Miguel

8. anglerman

anglerman DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi where can I buy a "Kindle" in Dumaguete or philippines please.

9. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    kindle Philippines

10. OP
    OP
    BigJim

BigJim DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Rick and Sue for the extra info. If you find anymore info just let me know.
    Thanks for the advice sntmig; but I'm from the old school where I like to turn the pages.
    Big Jim's wife

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.