Dumaguete Info Search

Boracay development in The Independent

Discussion in '☋ Photo Board ☋' started by pickled_newt, Sep 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    I come across this page in the property section of The Independent of Boracay property development trying to reach out to british market ... perhaps only the beginning .

Attached Files:

2. yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    beginning of the nd yes if this ever takes off on an already completely overdevloped island.
    How this will ever seell though I don't know
    how can they guiarantee anything?
    As a foreigner can not own land how ould a british person then buy this?
    anyone stupid or crazy enough to buy into this will lose all

3. OP
    OP
    pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    I don't mind ecotourism in PI and more tourists coming in ,but not this type of development ,esp if it creeps in negros (infact there's small one starting in zamboangita ) then perhaps down to undiscovered empty long beautiful beaches and coves of Sipalay.If they do well on that first phase then many more of its kind will mushroom in many places ,esp nr beaches.

I would like to cite the Bulgarian Black sea coast,so much development going on and off plan properties, apartment units for sale , and there are foreign buyers who are attracted with like kind of property deals,infact the brits are in the front line buying those type properties ,then comes the Irish ,despite the fact it is possible for foreigners to buy lands.Those type of properties
    often comes along with guarantee of security,cleaning and rental management , than owning a house and lot.Bulgaria props sell to brits because it's only 3 1/2 hrs flight .Speaking of the Philippines more likely this type of property developement will attract some of the 'lovely' neighbors...chinese koreans,japs , and prices of props will go sky rocketting whilst the ordinary
    pinoys are likely pushed out.

4. Gomez

Gomez Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yabs, its a condo. So foreigners can buy it no problem.
    I think boracay should be developed like the French Riviera. It's already over developed, so just go for it to the maximum, with buildings tightly built around the whole island, crammed with nice little restos, bars and shops. It appeals to a great number of visitors, and should be good for Philippines.
    This is actually good for you, Yabs, because people who want such atmosphere will go to Bora, not to Duma.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.