Dumaguete Info Search

Breakfast

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by sfgb35, Jun 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sfgb35

sfgb35 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Where can i get a decent Full English breakfast, NOT American..... I want fried bread, bacon, sausage, eggs, baked beans, mushrooms, friend tomatoes - Oh and a CPR machine on standby pls !! :p

2. bounty98

bounty98 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    here you go...yummy!...I have never seen that offered in the PI, maybe someone else has an idea

Attached Files:

3. OP
    OP
    sfgb35

sfgb35 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bounty98 - Thanks, your such a tease grrr !!!

4. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    You used to be able to get pretty close to the Full English at the old Happy Freds on the Boulevard; he even managed to find black pudding at times, but of course the place has changed hands now. Fried bread doesn't come out the same here because of the high sugar content, the mushrooms are usually the Chinese straw variety and I would commit every cardinal sin for a tin of Heinz baked beans :smile:

The nearest thing I've found to the Full English is at the motor bike/divers bar opposite the departures at the airport. It is what was previously the airport part of Happy Freds. Worth a try if you want to clog your arteries, then drink a bottle of red wine to open them up again. :D:D

5. bounty98

bounty98 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    now there is a man that knows his English breakfast! Yea I bet bread is not really the same, didn't realize fried tomatoes was an English custom. Well I better be careful, I have already gotten hammered here for getting into discussions I am not supposed to know anything about...lol :D

6. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Virtually on every corner.....in Thailand! :-)

7. OP
    OP
    sfgb35

sfgb35 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had a tin of Heinz baked bean the other day before i left cebu, 136php from the Rustans in the Ayala...wat a treat, along with a can of draught Guinness, its not the same as the real thing but close enough . . . . . . I never thought i would miss the UK but somethings i guess are irreplaceable, aint it strange the silly things we miss ?

8. OP
    OP
    sfgb35

sfgb35 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I never thought i would miss anything, but i guess some old habits are hard to kick !!

9. Fozzboy

Fozzboy DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OMG i had almost forgotten about my good old english fry ups, now you have awoken the the passion again .But don't forget the Fish n Chips with lots of proper salt & Malt vinegar ................... almost 1 year now!!

Yes Terry at the old Happy Freds was quite a good place to get some good old UK food.

Alan ps i can now reproduce quite good fish n chips here .:D

10. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Eden Resort in Liloan, Santander Cebu serves nice English breakfast, just the way you want it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.