Dumaguete Info Search

Breeding of budgerigars

Discussion in 'Hobbies and special interests' started by alex, Jul 29, 2014.

1. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    HI I breed a few budgerigars would like to breed more if we could find house to rent with a good back yard . cheers

2. baltoed

baltoed DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +18 / 6
    uhhhh..ok..

Budgerigar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

parakeet to we *uninformed* americans..lol

I know a guy who has 3 pairs in a cage about a meter long 2 meters high and 3/4 deep that he has sitting on his protected front porch in Roxas City, Capiz. And I remember a guy that must have had 40 1 ft square nesting pairs in his basement that he was breeding/selling. So you can start quite a few if you wished and dont need a yard..persec. The birds sitting on the front porch gave ya something to look at during lulls of chatting and drinking beer !!

:dnr:

3. OP
    OP
    alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    yer you don't need a lot of room to group breed , I like to pair up and breed in a 2ft by 2ft breeding boxes plus an externalnest box for each pair, this way I can leg ring the young at 9 days old, last year was my first time here in the Philippines. I breed 45 chicks culled heavy and kept 14 breeding for this year starting nov.or dec. I like more room to fly the young birds they develop better . now they only have 4ft by 2 foot to fly , its some thing to do keep me away from the laptop a bit longer cheers

4. baltoed

baltoed DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +18 / 6
    Sound like your into it pretty solidly. Maybe concentrate on the hard to find color breeding pairs and see if they can provide the extra money it takes to give them *air traffic controlled space*??..*wink*

:dnr:

5. baltoed

baltoed DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +18 / 6
    Saw this earlier today.. beautiful birds in Australia.. eastern rosellas..like like keets to me ..sorta? but brighter colors

View attachment 11608

Attached Files: