Dumaguete Info Search

Bringing a dog from the States

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by george, Oct 30, 2010.

1. george

george DI Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 3
    Have any of you done it? If so, what is the procedure and cost?

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    George, I shipped two dogs from Los Angeles to Manila, but my company paid for it a few years ago.
    There are many agencies in the U.S. who specialize in making the arrangements on both ends; you can search the internet. There is a form in the U.S. that a certified vet fills out after administering the requirements to the dog, I can't remember if it is a Philippines form you get online or a US form. The dog travels in a controlled environment in the cargo section of the plane. We actually flew on the same plane as the dogs and waited for them at a special arrival area, just had to show the docs to pick up the dogs. But I was living in Makati at the time and did not have to connect to a Dgte flight. I am not sure what the cost was, sorry, but the agencies can give you quotes. I used one that had lots of experience shipping to Asia. I will try and find the name for you, and they arranged a partner on this end to handle the required paperwork. I am not sure if I would attempt it without an agency support. Overall, it was painless. Good luck.

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    What about Cats?

:smile: Pat! I have a Spanish Lynx that I would like to have sent over, From Spain of course, could you ask if this is possible if you talk to someone?

Jack P.:smile:

4. PatO

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Jack, this website has some info as well as the following that may be a key contact:
    The Bureau of Animal Industry
    Animal Health Division
    Visayas Avenue
    Diliman, Quezon City 1100
    Philippines
    Telephone: +63-2-920-0816
    Tele-
    Fax: +63-2-920-0815
    They are the branch who issues the permit. They deal with all the local agencies in PI who handle incoming for animal shipments and can give you an agency to contact to at least glean info in terms of cost and feasibility.
    I am curious, being you are an owner of a unique endangered species, would Spain allow you to ship one out? They are a beautiful animal, would love to see one.
    Found the following, but the agency advertises to ship animals from Spain to the US, doesn't mention other countries but you could email them and ask if they can ship a Sp Lynx to the US which could provide info on exporting your big cat. Spain: Pet transport to Spain from the US, Air Animal ? Pet Moving & Relocation Services.
    Good luck my friend, wish I could have been more helpful.

5. PatO

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Jack, I forgot to include the Philippines website to suggest having a look at. It is: Shipping a dog or cat to the Philippines

6. josephen

josephen DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    via another forum bringing my cat from the netherlands to the philippines would cost me between 200-1000 EUR .

for the procedures will translate it later, have them in dutch

7. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Just play dumb Jack. It's not a rare endangered Spanish lynx. It's your large housecat. Robert K

8. OP
    OP
    george

george DI Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 3
    Thanks for the help folks.

9. customs broker

customs broker DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes I can help you get the documents to bring in your pet. we just need to get an import permit from the quarantine in manila before your pet can be shipped. Just need to send the complete documents like the veterinary records of your pet. I was able to deliver to pugs to his owner.

10. David A Ford

David A Ford DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just came here in Oct. Brought a 11 year old Pick with me. The info on the BAI is appropriate. we had to make sure his shots were up to date and Certified Vet Exam was no older than 30 days. BAI will email you appropriate check list and papers. You have to take them to the Philippine Consulate nearest to you and have them approved before you can fly the dog. You can fly the dog on pal for $300.00 in the cargo hold. You have to have an approved container. You also have to fax or ee-mail a copy of the approved documents from the consulate before you depart so they will have the papers waiting for you when you arrive in country. We then paid P300.00 to get the dog out of quarentene. I dont know if I spelled that right. But it was easier for him than it was for me. You will have to have someone take the papers over to the other hanger to get the dog. I think we paid $25.00 for the consulate paperwork. Hope that helps. I forgot. Make sure you check with PAl in advance to be sure they have room for the dog. I think they have some policy about only two per flight.