Dumaguete Info Search

Bringing my Filipina GF outside the country for vacation

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by AGRO11, Feb 10, 2011.

1. AGRO11

AGRO11 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've been in Boracay for 6 months and would love to go on vacation away from this vacation island haha. We were thinking Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam.

I understand Filipinos dont need a Visa to enter other ASEAN States, so I thought it would be easy. However I heard that's it may be tough for her to leave The Philippines with me if we are not married as there may be a risk for human trafficing etc

Does anyone have experience leaving the country with their Filipina GF? Any hassles? Anyway around it if there were any?

We will have return flights back to the Philippines

thanks!

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :wink: I think you have answered your own Question here, Hong Kong may have given you a little problem but as you have a return ticket and you would be in transit, I am sure your fears are just little fears, for the other countries you mentioned, my wife who was then my G/F had no problems. it makes a big diffence you know, if a westerner is present at the PassPort control. (do you have any hotel reservations?) Jack P, saying Hi and welcome, Enjoy the hoilday. :wink:

Jack P.:smile:

3. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Hi AGRO11, Welcome

Before I received my 13A visa and before I was married, My now wife and I used to go to Hong Kong or Singapore or Thailand every year with no problem, and took a taxi from Singapore to Jahor Balu Malaysia once. Singapore did question her a little regarding how much money she had and how long we were together but we never had any problem traveling In Asia.
    Ron
    Ron

4. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    Been there, done that, no problems. (HKG, SIN, and Thailand) I have heard of others going to Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Loas, Cambodia and Palau also with no issues. (Of course, if your gf is under 18, it might be a different story...)

What I would like to know though is how difficult is it for a Philippine passport holder to get European visas...these cheap flights to Paris, Milan and Rome are tempting!

5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Surprised!

:confused:DG! you surprise me here, you have been around long enough and a member here long enough to know I think, that it is pretty well impossible, to get tourist Visas for PI G/F or wives. You are talking 6 to 9 months and then of course these cheap flights are gone. Whist the US is a lot Stricter, the Uk and European Union are somewhat softer I my self have been waiting 2+ years for a Visa for my wife. It is all about Money! Bad, Bad but that is how it is. If you are looking for a perminant Visa! FORGET it!:(

Jack P.:o