Dumaguete Info Search

British Man (Gary Aredale) Burns Vietnamese Woman and flees to the Philippines

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by Brian Oinks, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    It has been confirmed he caught a flight to the Philippines. Sounds like he was high on Meth and LSD and out of his mind when he committed the crime, but was clear enough to go back for his Passport and money etc and flee the country... Hopefully he won't last long enough to skip to the next country and disappear.
    It has now been confirmed that the British expat who set fire to a Vietnamese woman in a jealous rage has fled to the Philippines.

The suspect, now identified as Gary Aredale [Ed: Or possibly ‘Iredale’ – which is a fairly common name in Lancashire], is believed to be in Angeles City after the vile attack in Hanoi.

Alan Nicholls, whose wife and child were in the victim’s shop amid the horror, helped police to identify Aredale on airport CCTV. He has been able to confirm that Aredale travelled from Hanoi to the Philippines, via Thailand, after the attack on Monday.

Vietnam gasoline attacker identified - neighbour tells how horror unfolded

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Where do you get that from?

The article states:
    Sounds like a jealous tw@t and, like many of the losers in the cheaper Asian countries, has severe mental problems.

Drugs don't magically turn you into a monster, especially meth and LSD. You have to already have that in you.

3. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    *QUOTE:
    Me and my girlfriend (both from Liverpool) live two floors below Gary in a communal apartment block in a quiet suburb in Hanoi. We’ve known Gary for 18 months since we moved in, he was, in my opinion a normal guy, lived alone, partner in a vending machine business, gym enthusiast, nothing really out of the ordinary.
    He was never short of partners over the time i knew him, all local Vietnamese women, and seemed a popular guy with his peers.
    Over the past few months he’s had family troubles at home with aging parents and regularly goes home to see them, usually a few weeks at a time.
    On Sunday morning (January 14), both myself and my partner heard Gary shouting at Vietnamese girl, ushering her out of the building… “f**k off, get the f**k out, f**king slut”… you get the idea.
    Just another ex-pat splitting up with a recent crush. I was sure I’d catch up with him at some point and find out what was going on, usually in the gym, where I’d see him a few days a week. We’d probably talk and put the world to rights.
    On Sunday night, both me and my partner finished teaching around 9pm and were both home and settled by 10pm. That’s when the incredibly loud 90s techno music started… and carried on till 8am the next morning!
    This was completely out of character for Gary, we never heard him play any music the whole time we’ve lived at the same place, both me and my partner agreed not to say anything, as he’s probably dealing with whatever issues are going through his head and having a bit of a blow out.
    The following morning (Monday), we watched Gary from our balcony chasing a stray dog, shouting all sorts of obscenities at the dog. This led him to arguing with an elderly Vietnamese gentleman, who had absolutely no idea what the hell was going on! Our first thought were he’s out of his mind! Probably drugs! Lets avoid any contact with him today!

Monday afternoon is when the incident happened, which we didn’t find out about until Tuesday. Although we knew something serious had happened involving Gary later on that evening.
    My partner left for work at 5pm and bumped into Gary in the communal area where we park our motorbikes. She said nothing was out of ordinary, a few conversational pleasantries and she drove off to work. He also was leaving the apartment block. (We now know that he had already committed this awful crime and must have come back to his apartment and grab his passport, money, etc).
    When my partner arrived home from work at 8pm she was greeted by a Vietnamese policeman, waving Gary’s picture on his phone: “Do you know this man?” My girlfriend was then surrounded by 15-20 men wanting to gain access to our apartment block. She stood her ground… shes a feisty Scouser [somebody from Liverpool], nobody’s getting in here on her watch! But she took the uniformed policeman and one other guy up to Gary’s and was asked to be a witness in case anything happened. Gary was already gone.
    That evening around midnight, my landlady came to our apartment, she looked at her wit’s end, needing new copies of our passports, visas, etc. At that point we still had no idea what the hell was going on, but knew it couldn’t be good.
    The next morning (Tuesday), Gary’s apartment was crawling with police, immigration, you name it, they were there.
    It was Tuesday afternoon we found out what happened. A great friend of mine Luke, called me up to tell me. His dad Alan Nicholls had witnessed it, and his wife and daughter were present when Gary came into the victim’s shop, wearing a face mask and proceeded to throw petrol over her and the rest of the shop and setting her on fire.
    Shock.
    I made a few calls to find out what was going on, I know people (ex-pats) who live on the same street, and I found out another friend of mine was with Gary on Sunday night! He confirmed that Gary had taken a cocktail of MD, MA and LSD, along with whatever he was drinking. He confirmed he was upset about the Vietnamese girl not wanting to continue meeting him and the problems he had at home with his parents.

Alan Nicholls identified Gary on the CCTV at Noi Bai airport with the police and that’s how they know he took a flight to Bangkok and then on to the Philippines .
    And, that’s all I know!
    I hope this helps in finding him, this is the most shocking thing I’ve ever heard, it certainly has rocked the local community to its core.
    The victim, who is a mother, is suffering from third degree burns to 60% of her body.

I assumed that MA was short for Meth Amphetamine as well last time I knew, LSD was listed as a drug. MD? Methadone? Not familiar with that one sorry...

I assume by what was posted, that he had obviously come down from his high enough to gather his mind to grab his Money, Passport etc and get the hell out of dodge instead of staying to chase the street dogs and locals... If he had a mental melt down then I assume he would still be running naked hanging from the chandeliers.

After living with my Niece who was doing Meth, and then one of my Boarders, taking that sh*t certainly f***d with their brains where I did not even recognise them by their behaviour, which was what I would call psychotic! Certainly NOT the people I knew before they took the Meth (and I suspect in the case of my Niece; Ice.) I am not fully up on drugs or their effects on the human mind, nor do I wish to be, and after my experience, I would rather be as far away from anyone who partakes in this sh*t and have nothing to do with those who do...

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Just read the second link.

I don't buy that story. MDMA (aka ecstasy, E, molly....is not meth) is d*mn near impossible to be violent on. It forces euphoria on users. Candyflipping (mixing MDMA and LSD) makes the feeling even more intense.

This man most likely had a break in sanity due to existing mental issues and stress in his life. Sounds like this guy reporting is trying to make an excuse for the man and his behavior/sickness. Hopefully they catch him and extradite him to Vietnam so he can rot in a Vietnamese prison for the rest of his life.

He put a comma where he shouldn't have. MDMA is Methylenedioxymethamphetamine. While it has methamphetamine in its name the reaction it causes is completely different and only lasts for around 3 hours.

One thing to note that may change my opinion if true: Real LSD is extremely difficult to find in Asia. You are much more likely to be given a research drug instead of LSD (there is basically no way to know what you are actually taking or at what dose you are taking it). What happens when you mix an unknown psychedelic research chemical with, very likely impure, MDMA? :hmmm: I have no idea....but I sure wouldn't want my brain to be the guinea pig for it. Research drug reactions can last anywhere from 6 hours to 3 full days.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Okay thanks for clarifying, I have not heard of MDMA before. Mental breakdown most certainly will not be made any better by partaking in any drug, be it illegal or alcohol or otherwise. (Unless prescribed by his Psychiatrist maybe?)

When I was in Australia I took Dextroamphetamine for my ADHD and often drank alcohol, but not in excess. I remember idiots who wanted to pay me $5 each tablet as they claimed they got a high from mixing the Dex with Alcohol. I never felt any effects other than being able to think clearly and it stopped me from sleeping for 23 hours at a stretch like I had been experiencing before going onto them. Since stopping them coming here I will sleep for around 12 hours at a stretch, but nothing as bad as I experienced back in Oz. But I do notice my mind is always flashing thoughts and ideas thinking several things at the same time, the Dex slowed that down and helped me to better direct my thoughts so it was not all coming in scrambled.

Even the weed you buy today is soaked in chemicals. I have watched friends back in Oz develop severe paranoia smoking what they call Skunk or buying what is supposedly legal Synthetic Marijuana. I never saw that kind of behaviour when I was younger and surrounded by Pot heads except maybe those who over did things.

Personally I CBF trying any of it after watching most of my friends develop some type of drug dependency back in Australia, and have managed to drop my Prescription medication from 15 tablets each morning to only 3 and 11 at night to only 2 and I am feeling much healthier for it!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    True. People who are predisposed to mental illness may be have their illness triggered by drugs. That might have been something that happened to the guy in the OP.

There is a difference between medical and recreational dosages. You likely won't get "high" off of a medical dosage of speed.

People with ADHD will react differently than people that don't have ADHD. It will "normalize" a person with ADHD....it usually serves as a nootropic for those without it.

Usually not in the US or the Philippines. Don't know about Australia. But paranoia is a common side effect of THC, especially when it is in edible form (a different chemical reaction is happening when you ingest marijuana products; it's about 100 times more psychedelic than when smoked).

Synthetic weed is usually just plant material sprayed, many times unevenly, with a mystery research drug. Never know what you are getting with that stuff, even from one puff to the next, and it can be easy to OD on that sh*t.

Note: Don't think I know from experience about most of this stuff. I don't put things in my body if I don't know what will happen. Looking this stuff up has talked me out of making a whole lot of bad decisions. I do the same for all prescription and over-the-counter drugs. (Also, labels and warnings make for good reading when dropping the kids off at the pool. lol)

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Well, maybe the meth made him do it . But I doubt it, as vile as meth/Shabu is. Alcohol, lsd and other drugs, or marijuana, just don’t cause you to do this although in the USA there is a big disinformation campaign to convince the sheeple that marijuana makes you go crazy and even kill people and they can’t help it because it’s the government’s fault for making it legal. I don’t take any drugs. I don’t drink. But the truth is the truth: People who do this stuff are psychopaths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    No, not a trigger. Just an excuse to be treated leniently. Paranoia is a side effect, generally because the user is afraid of getting caught. Another side effect is the munchies, but who cares?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Asking the court to say you're insane is extremely dangerous. When you get thrown in a crazy house there is no set time you will be in there. You are there until they think you are safe to release. Giving an insanity plea to try to get out of a pickpocketing charge and "winning" could end up getting you a life sentence. There is nothing lenient about that.

Not to mention mental health facilities in that part of the world are going to be a nightmare. Add the Asian racism into the mix and the second your doctor figures out what you did you are never getting out and you will likely be subjected to some seriously cruel, though maybe justified, medical treatment. A lobotomy and a lifetime of shock treatment might be a nice fate for this guy if he did what he is accused of.

• Agree Agree x 3