Dumaguete Info Search

Budget accommodation with access to dive centre

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by Liberty, Mar 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liberty

Liberty DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi!
    I thought about diving around Dumaguete in May, maybe including Sumilon or Siquijor.
    I am looking for budget beach accommodation (max. 900PHP for a single) with a good dive centre on site (or within easy reach of the dive centre of another resort). The dive centre should offer dive sites mentioned above (including Ducomi Pier) and provide good rental gear, good guides and good safety standards.
    I found places like Kookoo's Nest or Malatapay Beach Resort, but these seem to be small shops only.
    What are your recommendations? Email address of the places would be good.
    Yours, Liberty

2. cebudiver

cebudiver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    not much on tyhe cebu side - the less expensive resorts have no dive centers- Ocean Terrace, Pebble Cottages.... and all 3 dive centers are expensive - tropical paradise, PG divers and Marine Village
    When I retire there in 8 years I will add a reasonably priced dive center, but I cant manage the liability living in Korea
    ...Sumilan is a longer boat ride from Duma - my advice would be to stay in Duma and go with one of the dive centers there - scuba ventures used to have a dive center in liloan and knows the area well
    or check out blue waters prices - steep, but its convienent since they are already on sumilan island

3. OP
    OP
    Liberty

Liberty DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you, Cebu diver.
    I want to stay somewhere around Dumaguete because I want to continue to Sipalay.
    Checking out the dive resorts, the best would be budget accommodation in Dauin.
    Does anyone know about it?
    Thank you.
    Liberty

4. Diver

Diver DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hello Liberty.

You can ask if El Dorado in Dauin have a budget accomondation to, and if you dont ask you never know.
    Or mabey Rhoony knows something he is living in Dauin.
    And I am reading that you are gooing to Sipalay and that is great over there, I was there once for 10 days of diving and I loved it.

Greetings J.DIver

5. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Another better review for Sipalay,thanks Diver.We will be heading for Sipalay for only few days as planned to check it out this coming visit.I'm not a diver but my husband does some diving sometimes.

6. OP
    OP
    Liberty

Liberty DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dumaguete or Sipalay

Dear J.Diver,

can you compare Sipalay to the sites around Dumaguete?
    I did a few dives around Sipalay, and it was not great. I left rather quickly due to bad weather also. I am going back this time mainly to go on a liveaboard to Cagayan Islands.

Apo Island was really good, and I would like to see Dauin and maybe Sumilon or Siquijor or some new sites on Apo Island.

Yours, Liberty

7. Diver

Diver DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Look Liberty

Every divesite have something special the only thing is you must have an eye for it.
    The diving at Sipalay are more deep dives so they are shorter.
    I had a beautifull daytrip with three shalow wrecks and a very strange cave dave.

One site of the cave was beautifull coverd with soft corrals and the other site no coral at all but dozens of lobsters hiding in holes that was amazing.
    And out of this world.

Greetings J.Diver

8. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Wreck diving in Dumaguete

Hi Diver,

Could you tell us more about that day trip?

Where was it?

Who arranged it?

Sounds like a trip I would wanna do some time soon :smile:

What else was there to see around the wrecks?

9. Diver

Diver DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hello The Dane

Look at TAUCHURLAUB PHILIPPINEN TAUCHEN IN NEGROS TAUCHURLAUB IN SIPALAY TAUCHURLAUB IM EASY DIVING AND BEACH RESORT TAUCHSAFARI TAUCHREISE URLAUB WELTWEIT TAUCHEN TAUCHRESORT TAUCHPARADIES and you will find all the information you want.
    It is a lovely small resort with a very friendly and skilled staff and I had a wonderfull time over there coz the hospatality is great over there.
    It is close to Sipalay and the place is Balo Beach, the Cerus Liner will take you to Sipalay and there you can take a motorcikle who will take you to Balo beach.
    There are not many dive resorts over there and not many tourist.
    You can find the day trip on the website.

Greetings J.Diver.

10. OP
    OP
    Liberty

Liberty DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    HI!
    I had a look at Easy Diving in 2004, not cheap, but really lovely bungalows. I would prefer them to Artisitc with whom I went diving then. Their service wasn't great.
    Yours,
    Liberty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.