Dumaguete Info Search

Buglasan to be declared an official non-working holiday?

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by Dave_Hounddriver, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    NEGROS ORIENTAL, Sept. 2 (PIA) – The office of Gov. Roel Degamo has sent a request to Malacañang to declare October 21 (Friday) as special non-working day in the province. This marks the celebration of the Buglasan Festival of Festivals in Negros Oriental on October 14 to 23 with more than 80 events lined up for the celebration. The request for proclamation of special non-working holiday allows the people of Negros Oriental to celebrate and participate in the Buglasan Festival.
    PIA | NegOr seeks Buglasan holiday declaration

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Everyone should see at least one, so you would know why you run the other way. I saw on a Youtube video where Bud Brown disrupted one of the parades with his electric cart because he just needed to cross the street and go a block on the other side. I'm not much for parades but I wouldn't try to cross, just wait the 45 minutes to an hour or double back to the staging area and cross.

3. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 333
    As i have posted before the last thing this country needs is more public holidays (drunken idiot days)
    We tried book in our car to be serviced next Monday Sep 12 and the guy told us they are closed for the public holiday ? thats the Muslim Eid day, WHAT the f*ck !!!
    Pretty soon they will have to list the days things are open as it will be shorter than the list of closed days.....

• Agree Agree x 4